Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Not familiar with that brand. But if one got thrown off, then it sounds like it was improperly installed.

I know I didn't care much for the stock wipers myself, so I installed these:

But, while this brand is not going to be available in your country, you might look for some hybrid wiper blades for your car. They should click into place, but make sure you hear the click and that they can't just slide back out. I installed these last October, I think, and they've done well for me so far.

·
Registered
593 Posts
looks like improper installation. please review the installation manual and make sure everything is correctly install.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will ask the reseller to help install them again.

initially they did that, like about week ago. no problem at that time.

this problem started, after i sent my car for watermark removal on windshields. the cleaner put some water repellent on the screens. the next day when raining, i start the wiping and this problem happened.
i put back the old wipers, but they don't exhibit that problem.

anyway will try get reseller help on the installation 1st.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the reseller commented that the clipping section seem loose, he reassemble the section, reinstall them back, its working good now.

don't really has a good idea what happening.
just worry the "loose" part may happen again.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
the reseller commented that the clipping section seem loose, he reassemble the section, reinstall them back, its working good now.

I think if there's a loose section, that would be a manufacturing defect in the wiper itself. The wiper arm on the Ioniq should just be basically a rod that forms a hook at the end for locking wipers in place. Were your replacement wipers expensive? You could always ask your dealer to make sure they're secure on your next service appointment.

·
Registered
593 Posts

It might be because the one who treat your windshield (water spot removing) messed up with your wiper. Should be good now.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
the problem start again. i'm giving up on this brand product.
Have a good look at consumer reviews of different brands in your country. Hybrid blades are good, if they have them in Malaysia. Like a beam blade, they adhere quite well to the windscreen to provide a good wipe, but they still have a frame which helps to keep them stable.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I like the stock wipers. They work very well especially with Rain X applied on the windshield.
Glad they work for you.

For me, both with the Ioniq and my previous Elantra, the stock wipers worked fine below 50 km/h (30 mph), but at speed, they would always leave giant streaks on the driver's side right at eye level. It was especially noticeable in the winter at the streaks would be laced with salt and muck, reducing visibility. My new hybrid wipers worked like a charm this past winter and I had 0 visibility problems. The only issue I have with them, is a squeak from the driver's one as it's leaving the top driver-side corner. But I can live with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts