Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

NEW UPDATE August 2021 - RUS-WIDEGen5-Hyundai-Kia

44K views 145 replies 56 participants last post by  juanlovelez 
#1 · (Edited)
Another new update came out from the east. which is of course eurofied like always

SW: EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210817
Map: originally it had an older map version,i have replaced it with the latest ioniq5 map 14.41.42.585

Link: MIX_S5W_L_210817_MAP_14_41_42_585.zip

1. Charging timer fixer
2. Consumption history fixed

p.s remember to login to your google account before downloading, so it bypasses the download limitation

#106 ·
Hello everyone, I am writing this to see if you can help me or guide me. Today I updated the software of my Kia Niro, with the file MIX_S5W_L_210817_MAP_14_41_42_585.zip.
I am very happy with the update and the new interface, but since I have done the update, the car's Bluetooh does not work. Do you know how I can solve it? Thanks in advance.
Computer Flat panel display Gadget Font Audio equipment
Gadget Font Output device Communication Device Audio equipment
Output device Automotive design Gadget Vehicle Personal luxury car
Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

#117 ·
Hello guys,

I have Kona 2021 EV and my country is Turkey. My software version was not the latest, so I decided to update to this topics version. Then, I did it but I cannot reach to my map or navigation. The other apps are working except nav and map. It stucks on like photo one. Can you please help?
Light Personal computer Laptop Computer Black
Sky Communication Device Gadget Font Electronic device

#122 ·
I just tried to upgrade from the July widescreen release with this (Kia E-Niro 2020 widescreen). I followed the same procedure as last time; unzip to a memory stick, with HU folder, AppUpgrade and .lge.upgrade.xml (hidden) in root folder. Inserted, waited for the pop-up and selected 'Quick Update, 32min'; the screen immediately went blank, which seemed odd - I remember there being a countdown timer or similar information during the previous upgrade. I've now waited 45 minutes or so, and the screen remains blank, and I can't connect using UVO. I'm assuming I've somehow broken something. Is it possible to revert / fix, or do I have to contact Kia?

#126 ·
I just got a replaced 10.25” since the original constantly failed to keep the UVO connection. Now this one had to be reset in the UVO menu before i got it connected. Before that i noticed that the software and maps is july 2020 version while the firmware is 210603. So I downloaded the new one from here. I have installed myself before but this time the unit does not detect any update on the USB. Pretty sure I done all correctly after many attempts.

So how is the version difference possible and what to do? Could also this one be broken and can that be the reason the dealer returned the car with old software? If there is a way to factory reset maybe I should try that?

#128 ·
Hi,
I'm still hesitating to upgrade my Niro. Could you please confirm that the integrated map is suitable for the e-niro?
Also about the camera bug i've read a couple of times... what is it about in fact? Never heard about that (and never faced something like this by the way - in dec-19 firmware as of now)

Thanks!

#135 ·
Hi,
I'm still hesitating to upgrade my Niro. Could you please confirm that the integrated map is suitable for the e-niro?
Also about the camera bug i've read a couple of times... what is it about in fact? Never heard about that (and never faced something like this by the way - in dec-19 firmware as of now)

Thanks!
works fine on my niro, the camera bug is when you go into revers, instead of seeing the sensor display on the side, you see one of the other side widgets, but if you click the cog then go back it sorts itself.
If you are on the old grey 2019 make sure you do the full update, once you are on the purple ones you can do the quick ones.

#137 ·
The network error that the Kia is suffering seems to be something quite general, there are days that UVO / Kia Connect warns of unavailable network or the server has not been able to process the information, the curious thing is that from my analysis of the logs it is that both Kia connect and Blue Link use the same servers, but more Kia Connect fails

#139 ·
No, pressing the reset button in the car resets the cars head unit only, not servers across the globe. The problem is in the car. The previous unit constantly restarded itself and lost mobile connection. This ”new” (repaired) one looses the mobile circuits all together and cannot be updated. The problem is spelled LG, big surprise. How thy managed to get Firmware and Software different beats me. Many owners have working ones thoug so I will keep pushing for one of those. Resetting once or twise a year is okay.

#146 ·
Hola señor@s, soy poseedor de un Kia eNiro MY21 y tengo un problema con la ultima actualización, me sale una ventana de error y no me permite actualizar.
Hyundai y Kia llevan el mismo software.
He investigado y he visto que se puede hacer un donwgrade e instalarle de nuevo un antiguo software y, a continuación, instalarle la última actualización.
Mi problema es que no se como hacerlo. Si alguien me lo explica y me pasa un archivo anterior al mío, me haría un rey.
Gracias de antemano.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.