Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
41 - 60 of 146 Posts
Discussion starter · #46 ·
Hi,

I do not think so. I read one article which said that the infotainment system needs to have WiFi for this and at least my Hyundai Ioniq PHEV FL does not have it.

Ralf
actually with a software mod, the ioniq 2016-2019 can open up the wireless Android auto. a software needs to be installed on the headunit caled HEADUNIT Reloaded.
you can youtube it.
and installing software on the headunit is also possible but with a smal hack.
but setting up Headunit reloaded first time is a bit nerdy, but after that should be seamless.

actually with a software mod, the ioniq 2016-2019 can open up the wireless Android auto. a software needs to be installed on the headunit caled HEADUNIT Reloaded.
you can youtube it.
and installing software on the headunit is also possible but with a smal hack.
but setting up Headunit reloaded first time is a bit nerdy, but after that should be seamless.
Interesting. Where can I find a tutorial for "small hack"? I already installed this update.

Thanks

Hi

I have a strange behaviour of the bluetooth in the car right now and it seems related to the update. When we are connected with bluetooth, the speaker sound is directed to the car loudspeakers and don't go thru the phone line to the other people in the call even if the sound from the other people in the call come correctly thru the car loudspeakers
Do you have an idea about that ?

Thanks

I have IONIQ 2020, second version HEV, and also would be proud when sometimes with new version wireless AppleCarPlay will comes to life. But i dont think it is only with software goes, maybe it needs special hardware. Etherwise why manufactor not realesed it when selling ?

Discussion starter · #59 ·
Fantastic that worked. Will this update break anything or void the warranty?
break? no, just dont unplug or shut down while updating.
warranty? , it comes from an official huyndai updater tool. but hyundai uk advices people to go to the dealer for update, last time i asked them. but they didnt say anything about voiding warranty.
so its a grey area i guess.

Hi all,
Can I use this update for a Hyundai IONIQ BEV 2021 38kw?
If yes, how can I install the update on the car? Is there a walkthrough?

Kind regards,
Klaus
I have a PDF file which I created for the Kia e-Niro widescreen models which should be virtually the same as Ioniq widescreen models:-

Attachments

41 - 60 of 146 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.