Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

· Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 EV
356 Posts
I was very happy with my home screen being split into three (nav / music / battery soc range)
But it doesn't look like that's going to be possible. The setup screen doesn't allow me to select those 3 anymore.
Shame (unless I'm not seeing something).
No that option disappeared a few updates ago, well done on doing the update though (y)

· Registered
10 Posts
What’s really great and the most important thing about this update in my opinion is the change of POV angle while navigating. It matches roughly the POV of Google maps and other widely used nav apps. Perfectly usable now, I don’t use CarPlay mirroring all the time…
Can you please explain or show what you mean by this?

· Registered
27 Posts
In a previous post on this thread I mentioned that I had my home screen with map/media or radio/ev status. The update no longer allows this or so I understand.
So if I want to see my % of charge, if I'm on my media/map screen I need to press the ev "button" underneath is that correct? Then if I want to go back to my map or media I have to press the "button" again. There's no back key anymore? Have to press those buttons to get the info.
I don't get it, frankly, instead of giving you increased functionality, more info, they supersize the graphic to show a car on a green (so environmental) road and make you look left to see the GOM estimates. It was so simple before.
If I wanted to see the GOM estimates with and without heat, I could just turn on the heat or a/c and see how much less I had since the GOM figure would change.
Now the huge graphic does me the favor of showing me both figures so I don't have to subtract 20 miles for the heat.
If I wanted to change up the media, before, it was very straightforward.
Now not so much.
One of the pluses of the infotainment system in our cars was how simple it was. Now, not so much. A shame.
Or am I doing something wrong?

· Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Premium Plus
161 Posts
You haven't missed the little arrow on the far right? 1/3 -1/3- 1/3 is not available anymore as noticed, but 1/3 can be folded out/in on a vertical roller blind, and by swiping up/down in this area, radio/media/battery information etc. is available.

Font Screenshot Technology Display device Software

· Registered
27 Posts
You haven't missed the little arrow on the far right? 1/3 -1/3- 1/3 is not available anymore as noticed, but 1/3 can be folded out/in on a vertical roller blind, and by swiping up/down in this area, radio/media/battery information etc. is available.

View attachment 47634
Thanks for that. It's so small that I only noticed it after you mentioned it. I guess you can do it while driving but the back icon at the top left of the screen (in the previous version) was so much bigger, so much easier. It doesn't give me the functionality I want. I better look at it again. I probably have something setup wrong.
I know, I know, it is what it is.

· Registered
27 Posts

View attachment 47634
Sheesh I must have posted my thanks to you on another thread, I appreciate your mentioning the the vertical roller blind. I could have had the car for 10 years and not realized that the vertical roller blind, you mentioned, exists. That will work.

· Registered
Ioniq 38,3
26 Posts
Can you please explain or show what you mean by this?
Hey, sorry for late reply.
With the last update the point of view of the inbuilt navigation was changed. While in the previous version the big part of the map was used by the sky with clouds and the map was so flat that it was difficult to find correct map zoom, now there's no sky visible and the point of view is more from above - very similar to google maps point of view.
Can take a photo if interested ...

· Registered
10 Posts
Hey, sorry for late reply.
With the last update the point of view of the inbuilt navigation was changed. While in the previous version the big part of the map was used by the sky with clouds and the map was so flat that it was difficult to find correct map zoom, now there's no sky visible and the point of view is more from above - very similar to google maps point of view.
Can take a photo if interested ...
Thanks a photo would be great 👍

· Registered
Ioniq 38,3
26 Posts
Ok, I’m not familiar with the older ioniq’s inbuilt navigation layout so I won’t be of any help. Maybe you can just check the latest available sw update on update.Hyundai.com, there’s a list of eligible vehicles available to download under the notifications tile and the first link to “november update”. Although the link looks the same from november, the aforementioned list is updated regularly so I found out today that there was a newer sw version for my car. Hope that helps.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts