Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

· Registered
Ioniq EV SE 2017 (UK spec)
1,047 Posts
Just walked past the car (2020 Ioniq) and noticed a red flashing led behind the front windscreen where the 3 blue charge lights are located. Never noticed that before...?
The red light indicates the alarm system is live.....well that is certainly the case on my car.

· Registered
Hyundai Ioniq Impression EV 2022
12 Posts
In EV mode you cant see options to choose consulption if you have split screen. And they removed info about CO2. For me that was interesting information.

· Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Premium Plus
161 Posts
Just walked past the car (2020 Ioniq) and noticed a red flashing led behind the front windscreen where the 3 blue charge lights are located. Never noticed that before...?
Has always been there, a mysterious flashing, some car alarm alert I think, no explanation in the manual or elsewhere.

· Registered
161 Posts
i dont find driving history under "EV" menu after update?
on 38kWh Press EV button -> Press the car's battery on the iscreen -> Energy consumption history.

Font Gadget Screenshot Technology Electronic device

Reactions: SleeperPService

· Registered
27 Posts
I guess I should just try this and see, but I'm hesitant to mess something up and then...
So I'll ask those of you who have done the update:

Can I use a hard drive (not a thumb drive) with other files on there? Or does the update file have to be the only file on the drive? I'm seeing the update file is approx 35 gig and would hate to buy another thumb drive that will never be used again.

Does the file also update the maps? Not sure whether my maps have been updated since I got the car.

Thank you all

· Registered
161 Posts
It's called "Navigation updater" so the maps are absolutely updated, it's only the infotainment system that is updated, nothing deeper in the car's software.

The problem with thumb drives may be its power needs, have you tried whether it can be powered by the amperage in the car's USB socket?
If is it formatted with NTFS it must be empty so you can re-format it.

It says that the memory device should be max 32Gb and newly formatted with FAT32, but I have a 64Gb USB stick formatted with exFAT and it has worked to update with.
Doesn't have to be empty either, didn't want to move all the music and other media from the USB stick every time so I copied the installation files to the root of the stick and the installation started and completed anyway.
If it messes up the installation or makes it more susceptible to failure, I dare not answer - try at your own risk!
This files shall be placed direcly in the root:
Rectangle Font Circle Magenta Brand

· Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 EV
356 Posts
I agree with US Scandinavian, the files must be on the root of the drive for the system to recognise the update files.

I’ve only ever used a 32gb USB stick for the updates, used the same USB from when SonicSpinner was providing us with the update files. You should be ok if you are patient and don’t remove the USB too soon. I let it update while the car is locked ever since Hyundai gave us that option, prior to this I updated in Utility mode. Although its boring watching the update percentage timer count down as it takes around 45 minutes to complete the update.

If your 12V battery is suspect or failing I would update in Utility mode or with the car powered on to avoid the dreaded flat battery syndrome, good luck.

· Registered
27 Posts
Thank you us Scandinavian and Leafocaster for the info.
I'm going to accomplish this but with the greatest hesitation.
Can only imagine what the conversation with the dealer might be like if I screw something up. They will NEVER be able to assist, won't want to assist and I'll probably be looking at what, maybe a microsoft paperclip icon (what was that called?) for the rest of my ownership of the car.
My brother used to say, "If you really, really need to get something done with your computer, don't let it know."
Anyway, so I have a USB powered hard drive (232 GIG) that I formatted to exfat per Hyundai's instructions (what the heck, all the backup files I had on there were at least 4 years old,so long) but Hyundai's Navigation Updater (copy to usb) doesn't see the drive.
TYPICAL.
So, now the question is:
Do I really need this? Also, Is there anything that, actually, is improved?
What say you?

· Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 EV
356 Posts
Do I really need this? Also, Is there anything that, actually, is improved?
If you don’t have any problems with your current map or infotainment system, then maybe you don’t need the update.

Regarding the navigation updater not seeing the USB hard drive, I always insert the USB drive in my laptop first before firing up the updater software, Windows and the updater software then recognises the USB iallowing you to select it as the target drive. The updater software then formats it ready for the downloaded files, I’m using Windows 10 btw.

· Registered
27 Posts
If you don’t have any problems with your current map or infotainment system, then maybe you don’t need the update.

Regarding the navigation updater not seeing the USB hard drive, I always insert the USB drive in my laptop first before firing up the updater software, Windows and the updater software then recognises the USB iallowing you to select it as the target drive. The updater software then formats it ready for the downloaded files, I’m using Windows 10 btw.
I don't have any problems but they don't make the updates to fix problems, exclusively, do they? I figure some functionality has to be improved. Is everybody updating because they have problems?

Anyway, I'll have to get some other drive because the Updater doesn't see the drive, not plugging it before I load the Updater, not after, just doesn't see it. Probably something about the drive.

· Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 EV
356 Posts
I don't have any problems but they don't make the updates to fix problems, exclusively, do they? I figure some functionality has to be improved. Is everybody updating because they have problems?
There were a few bugs in the updates last year, speed warnings not showing up on certain roads and miles defaulting to kilometers with no way of changing it back spring to mind. A couple of updates were also released then withdrawn by Hyundai because of reported bugs. I may be lucky but I've had no serious problems with the updates.

· Registered
27 Posts
So I did the update, the problem was with the hard drive I wanted to use. A 64 gig thumb drive did the thing, no problem.
The only thing is....
I was very happy with my home screen being split into three (nav / music / battery soc range)
But it doesn't look like that's going to be possible. The setup screen doesn't allow me to select those 3 anymore.
Shame (unless I'm not seeing something).

61 - 80 of 94 Posts