Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

· Registered
2017 PHEV Premium UK
576 Posts
Just installed new Nav software on my Compact Gen5 for 17-21 PHEV. Had to uninstall the older nav... _updater before I could make the latest updater software run correctly. Took 30 mins to download(63mbs fibre) but only 10mins to install on the car. (kept the car ON).

· Registered
2017 PHEV Premium UK
576 Posts
It works.

Did the software upgrade just tell me that I left the charge door open? First time I've seen it... And defo have driven off with the charge open before!

· Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 EV
356 Posts
Make sure you have a healthy 12V battery if you choose to update in the background while the car is locked. I just got a warning from my BM2 battery monitor that the 12V battery is low at 12.2V, it's currently updating. The alternative is to update in utility mode sitting in the car, maybe with the heating on or while driving.

· Super Moderator
2,567 Posts
Make sure you have a healthy 12V battery if you choose to update in the background while the car is locked. I just got a warning from my BM2 battery monitor that the 12V battery is low at 12.2V, it's currently updating. The alternative is to update in utility mode sitting in the car, maybe with the heating on or while driving.
Last time I updated mine while the car was locked , I woke up with a flat battery . I usually do it whilst driving as long as the trip is 30 minutes or more

· Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Premium Plus
161 Posts
Now I´m finally downloading Stardard Class Gen 5 Wide for my 2020 EV!

During previous updates I have used auxiliary mode or "camping mode" - then the 12V system is powered by the high voltage battery without risk of power drain. You can also leave the car unattended as a restart (with the key present) is required to be able to use the drive mode.

The last update also had some new choices;
  • Update now
  • Update in the background
  • Update later when the vehicle is turned off

Font Screenshot Electronic device Rectangle Electric blue

Reactions: Leafocaster

· Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 EV
356 Posts
Last time I updated mine while the car was locked , I woke up with a flat battery . I usually do it whilst driving as long as the trip is 30 minutes or more
I fitted a new 12V battery last spring so its quite healthy, an hour after the update the battery returned to 12.4V and after I checked on the car and had a brief play with the update the battery was back to a normal 12.7V (y)

· Super Moderator
2,567 Posts
I fitted a new 12V battery last spring so its quite healthy, an hour after the update the battery returned to 12.4V and after I checked on the car and had a brief play with the update the battery was back to a normal 12.7V (y)
Did mine on a 70 mile drive today . No problem other than 30 to 40 minutes without music :cry:

· Registered
Ioniq 38,3
26 Posts
What’s really great and the most important thing about this update in my opinion is the change of POV angle while navigating. It matches roughly the POV of Google maps and other widely used nav apps. Perfectly usable now, I don’t use CarPlay mirroring all the time…

· Registered
1 Posts
Is anybody experiencing problems from the Navigation Updater? After 40% the download gets throttled to only 140 KB/s. I tried restarting the App and using another system, but without any luck… Do I really have to wait 5 days for that download?
Product Font Screenshot Rectangle Software

Also, for those guys, that already have the update. Is Android Auto finally displayed in full width?

· Registered
2020 Premium SE 38kWh
50 Posts
Sound therapy in your vehicle, I’ve looked but cannot found these new features and enhancements. Could someone steer me in the right direction please, thanks in advance :)
These???
Press the media button and it's then on the screen that's displayed where you choose USB, bluetooth etc .. It's still called "Sounds of Nature"

41 - 60 of 94 Posts