Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
I am assuming this will be OTA updates for the navigation maps, and possibly also for the infotainment system software... but not for the drivetrain/BMS - these will still be a dealer-only job?

(Even so, it's great news)

Registered
Lets hope this applies to all of us. I will not hold my breath waiting for Hyundai UK to tell us anything!

Reactions: toscal353

Registered
Automatic translation to English from the photo:
14:43
71%
Dear Hyundai customer,
We are pleased to announce that we have launched a
brand new "Navigation Updater" for home use.
Simply put, this is a program you can
download on your own PC or Mac, where last
navigation and software update for your
car infotainment is always available.
The program can be used to download
update to all supported models and you can
easily find your model in the overview. When you
have downloaded the latest update just to
transfer to a USB flash drive (FAT32 formatted,
must have 32GB capacity), and to plug this in
the car. Follow the instructions on the screen, and
system updated.
We hope this makes your car life even more enjoyable
easier!
READ MORE AND UPDATE HERE
Over the air update to your
IONIQ5
It has been known since the start of sales that everyone
IONIQ 5 will receive over the air updates
(OTA). Updates like this no longer
will need to update the car with a USB-
flash drive, when you get the updates sent to
the car automatically over the cellular network.
Over the new year, a new update will be available in
"Navigation Updater", and by updating this in
the car will OTA activated. Just this one
the update must therefore still be done by loading
download latest software and to transfer to a USB-
flash drive. Then the OTA is activated.
For the record: first actual OTA update,
an update that comes automatically
the mobile network is expected during Q2 2022. Therefore will
your system be activated with the new
the update that comes after the new year, but it
no update is scheduled for OTA until about
a couple of months.
Do you have questions about downloading maps and
and
updates you can reach customer service via chat
or telephone (englishspr膩).
CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE
Make charging easy with Charge
myHyundai
As a Hyundai owner, you have access to Charge
myHyundai. Charge easily on one of the largest
public charging networks in Europe when you are on
trip.
Download the app to get an overview of the nearest
charging station, Check availability and navigate to
desired charging station.
Charging starts easily with Charge MyHyundai
the card that came with your new car or you can
order when establishing an agreement.
As an IONIQ 5 owner, you also have an extra advantage
atale for IONITY network, remember to activate
the deal before 31. June 2022 to enjoy this.
Since it's easy, you get 茅 monthly invoice -
no matter which charging operator you use.
GET STARTED HERE
HYUNDAI MOTOR NORWAY
P. O. Box 6466 Etterstad
0605 OSLO
Telephone: 22 70 60 10
E-mail: [email protected]
hyundai.no

Registered
Yup. slow start for OTA on ioniq5 for sure. when one of their selling point was OTA on your car!
I think that what Hyundai said wqs that the E-GMP platform supports OTA... and that the IONIQ 5 is built on the E-GMP platform. But it wasn't actually made clear if every possible feature from this platform will be included with every car that's built on it (well, clearly not). I think it was mostly automotive journalists who inferred that the IONIQ 5 will be getting the E-GMP OTA feature as standard.

Registered
The thing is, we have no clear idea of what Hyundai has planned for 2022 and software and also with the facelift...
And thats what annoys me the most about this But finally we have a confirmation about Infotainment OTA at least!

The only two questions for me are
  • Wireless AA/Carplay
  • OTA for Control Units (even a lot said this is not possible, but who knows)

Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
"Supports OTA" you can say it does, even if it supports it for only one control module.
And this is how very often things are done these days.

18 min to charge the battery - BUT ONLY IF THE STARS ALIGN AND YOU DO THE VOODOO DANCE. Else you get 50kw.

Registered
Hyundai Norway sent out an email before Christmas saying a new update on Navigation Updater will be available in 2022 that will activate OTA updating and the first planned OTA update will be in Q2 2022.
Hi SpoonFC,
Is there any useful info in the learn more links in the mail? I have subscribed to the newsletter now, but dont think ill get the old letter.

Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi SpoonFC,
Is there any useful info in the learn more links in the mail? I have subscribed to the newsletter now, but dont think ill get the old letter.
I didn鈥檛 get that email, just signed up myself. It was posted on a Norwegian forum (ww.elbilforum.no) but I鈥檒l assume they are just links to:

and

Registered

Registered
HERE will be replaced by TomTom maps and navigation and maybe KIA and Hyundai are the first OEM鈥檚 which will use IndiGo infotainment system from TomTom

Thanks. I wonder what upgrades Hyundai will be able to provide for the existing infotainment system (if at all) - seems like most of these upgrades will require new hardware.

Registered
MY22 Balance Vision RWD Cyber Gray
Hyundai Norway sent out an email before Christmas saying a new update on Navigation Updater will be available in 2022 that will activate OTA updating and the first planned OTA update will be in Q2 2022.

View attachment 38025
About this: "Det har v忙rt kjent helt siden salgsstart at alle IONIQ 5 vil f氓 s氓kalte over the air-oppdateringer (OTA)"

Big LOL - while I am very happy to see this being announced, I think that OTA is probably one of the biggest question marks that has been sought an answer to from Hyundai - so I call BS on that being known since sales started :D

Registered
We do have a long-standing relationship with Hyundai-Kia for the supply of traffic and incident data, but this is the first time Hyundai-Kia is using our maps. We expect to be able to broaden and deepen this relationship in the future, which would mark another important market share win.

at the end of page 2 of the transcript Q3 earnings of TomTom

Registered
About this: "Det har v忙rt kjent helt siden salgsstart at alle IONIQ 5 vil f氓 s氓kalte over the air-oppdateringer (OTA)"

Big LOL - while I am very happy to see this being announced, I think that OTA is probably one of the biggest question marks that has been sought an answer to from Hyundai - so I call BS on that being known since sales started :D
My dealer said, the ioniq 5 will never get OTA, however he also did not know the the selfupdate page will go live, neither did he knew the new bluelink app

Registered
Thanks. I wonder what upgrades Hyundai will be able to provide for the existing infotainment system (if at all) - seems like most of these upgrades will require new hardware.
Why do you think it needs new hardware?

I tried so manytimes to find out what kind of CPU (cores, ghz etc) the Gen5W has built in, but found nothing :(

Registered
MY22 Balance Vision RWD Cyber Gray
We do have a long-standing relationship with Hyundai-Kia for the supply of traffic and incident data, but this is the first time Hyundai-Kia is using our maps. We expect to be able to broaden and deepen this relationship in the future, which would mark another important market share win.

at the end of page 2 of the transcript Q3 earnings of TomTom
The full quote is:

"Genesis is Hyundai-Kia's luxury brand, and they have chosen TomTom maps and real-time traffic services for their upcoming models in Europe. We do have a long-standing relationship with Hyundai-Kia for the supply of traffic and incident data, but this is the first time Hyundai-Kia is using our maps. We expect to be able to broaden and deepen this relationship in the future, which would mark another important market share win."

So while they hope to "broaden and deepen this relationship in the future", right now it's for Genesis only.

Registered
Why do you think it needs new hardware?

I tried so manytimes to find out what kind of CPU (cores, ghz etc) the Gen5W has built in, but found nothing :(
I thought it might be linked to this new release (from November 2020):

Though it does seem like Genesis-only:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts