Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so time has come to replace the rear tyres and get rid of those aweful noisy Michelin Energy OEM tyres :)

so fronts were changed at 36,000 miles due to sidewall bulge and being down to 3mm I just swapped the pair for Dunlop BlueResponse

so at 56,000 miles the rears are down to just below 3mm and sidewalls cracking badly and one is starting to lose pressure (about 1 psi per week)
so booked in to halford next sunday for two more Dunlop BlueResponse

not a bad price £52.99 (inc balance, valve and fitting) per corner

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Unfortunately, all my tires have a lot of tread left with about 40,000 miles on them. I'd love an excuse to replace them since they're so loud but I can't justify if while they're still safe.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
so time has come to replace the rear tyres and get rid of those aweful noisy Michelin Energy OEM tyres :)

so fronts were changed at 36,000 miles due to sidewall bulge and being down to 3mm I just swapped the pair for Dunlop BlueResponse

so at 56,000 miles the rears are down to just below 3mm and sidewalls cracking badly and one is starting to lose pressure (about 1 psi per week)
so booked in to halford next sunday for two more Dunlop BlueResponse

not a bad price £52.99 (inc balance, valve and fitting) per corner
Have you noticed any difference in economy since changing the front tyres?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Now that your tires are quiet, what will you do with the ICE noise. The Hyundai 1.6 inline 4 ICE is one of the noisiest and thrashiest car engines out there. Too bad they can't put a Honda 1.5 VTEC in its place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts