Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. As a title says I am a proud new owner of a 2020 Ioniq EV.

I got a great deal on it and I was super excited about it. It is not my first electric vehicle I previously had a BMW i3.

I put about 300 miles on it but I’m having a number of issues. I search the forum but nothing really on point.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

with the battery well over 80% charged and basically it any charge level after about 20 or 30 miles of driving when I come to a stop the car seems to stutter and I get the “turtle” power limited warning.

this happens regardless of the state of the regen and regardless of the charge of the battery.

besides this intermittently I get a refill coolant error and a “check regeneration system” error. These two err flash on the screen for one or two seconds before disappearing.

I checked the coolant level it’s totally fine. What I didn’t notice which was a little weird is that the radiator all the hoses to and from the radiator is ice cold even after well over 100 miles of driving. I don’t know if that’s a feature or a bug :)

i’ve got an appointment at the dealership to take a look at it but when I spoke to the service rep he seem to be scared to take it into take a look I don’t know how many of these cars they’ve actually serviced.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Best to have the dealer have a look. Let us know what they find.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Plug In Limited
63 Posts
How's the 12v battery? I purchased a 2020 phev recently and had a couple of problems, error messages, etc, the car had sat on the lot for a long time and it turned out the factory 12v was bad. Dealer replaced it under warranty and not a single problem since. The 12v never gave me any signs that it was bad, no dead battery in the morning etc, I guess certain systems are just sensitive to the performance/condition of the 12v. Good luck!

·
Registered
Iconiq plug In. Premium SE/ultimate 2019
179 Posts
Just a stab in the dark but if the electric water pump isn’t working properly then water won’t flow around the battery bank and could cause a local spike in battery temperatures,
Even though you have plenty of coolant,

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Premium (EV)
82 Posts
EVs run much cooler than ICE cars. Now in the winter, the battery will most likely never even reach 20 degrees C during normal operation, so the cooling system might not even turn on. For the other problems, you should have the car diagnosed by an authorized Hyundai dealer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Sometimes when car has fault you can clear by removing 12 volt battery lead for few minutes then re-connect.
If this fails to work then get Hyundai assist to look at it or Dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still at the dealer...

Dealer said the car thinks the battery is overheating but a temp check shows the battery is fine.

They flushed the cooling system and replaced the coolant pump as well.

Delaer said they called Hyundai engineering who hasn’t encountered this issue on any other car... yay me.

They gave me an ICE Tucson loaner... bleh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts