Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. Live in Indiana and purchased Ioniq 1 week ago.

About 7 or 8 ago I purchased a Jeep Grand Cherokee while trading in my 2012 Prius. From day one I regretted the transaction. Sure, the Jeep was nice with all the bells and whistles but I did not like the 21 miles to the gallon. So I drove it for a few months while looking for an alternative to the Prius as I did not like the newer body style.

Came across the Ioniq was intrigued. I read all I could on it and it seemed like a decent car. Went to dealership and they had basic model so I drove it home for the weekend.

Monday took it back and told them I would think about it. They offered to find a limited fully loaded for me. I said do it. One week later the dealer said it was in the showroom and to come buy it. I went by, bought it, lost about 10K on my Jeep but now I seem satisfied. After 2nd fill up I am getting 61 miles to gallon (figured old fashion way) which is good considering the limited has larger tires, wheels and weighs more than the other models.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome Menchhofer

sorry to hear you lost the money on the Jeep but we all do something similar now and again

great to hear the gas mileage you are getting with the Ioniq :) you guys in the states are getting good mileage day 1, hear in the UK it takes a little while for the engine to bed in and the sun to come out :)

a lot of people a commenting on the styling of the new prius in a negative way, I wonder if the people at Toyota may do a face lift version early to tone down the styling a little as their sales figures are taking a fair hit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts