Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. My name is Graham and I live in Cumbria, UK. I have an Iron Grey Premium SE on order and can't wait to get my hands on it! I currently have a Kia Soul.

I have read many threads on this forum and learnt so much about the car. Thank you all.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
welcome graham

lovely part of the country you are in, I would love to see how my Ioniq coped with hard knott pass :), taken a few of my cars up and down there in the past, first time there was snow and I wondered where I was going, but boy what a view from the top

glad we have provided you with plenty of information about your new car

give use some background, how did you find out initially about the Ioniq and what is it in particular about the car that made you by one?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Late March/Early April from what I've been told by the Dealer. I was told that the ship was due on 17th March into the UK originally.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually came to the Ioniq as a result of the Kia Niro I had ordered being put back a couple of months with no explanation by the Dealer. I'm actually quite pleased as I get more car for my money and better fuel economy according to the figures although I know they don't actually mean much. I'm going for the hybrid as a step to going full electric next time. The range and lack of charging points have (just) tipped the balance in favour of the hybrid.

I think the dual clutch gearbox lifts the Ioniq above all the other CVT hybrids and the amount of standard equipment against the cost is the icing on the cake.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I think the dual clutch gearbox lifts the Ioniq above all the other CVT hybrids and the amount of standard equipment against the cost is the icing on the cake.
There is another dual clutch hybrid but you can't buy it. The Honda Fit Hybrid is available in Japan and some Asian countries (I think only in drive left countries). When the seven speed dual clutch version was released in 2014, it was certified as the highest mileage car in Japan in its segment, beating all the Prius models. It is more fun to drive than most cars, small but with massive storage capacity inside, and with a tighter turning radius (I love to make u-turns).

But Honda is a weird company and despite the bragging rights they would have gotten at the time with the highest mpg of any car, they chose not to import them saying that there was not a market - despite how many similar sized Prius C's have been sold in the US). I wrote to Honda US at the time and told them I would buy one, even at a stupidly higher price than the similar Prius model. It isn't going to happen, but if there is any indication they will import to the US before the end of this year, I'll wait for it rather than an Ioniq or Niro model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts