Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Premium PHEV. Blue colour
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2020 Ioniq PHEV Blue colour.
Great difficulty understanding the controls etc.. The manual which comes with vehicle is of limited use and the one you get on your phone is complicated to use.
I shall persevere, sitting in car pressing buttons etc..
Live in Merseyside but as yet have not got a charging point so charging from socket in garage.

·
Registered
2020 PHEV
9 Posts
Welcome Julian,

Just got mine (black) last november 1st... Still discovered some feature today!!! :p

I also started reading the paperback manuals but stopped at the introduction...

I'm about to install my charging point this weekend (Flo G5)... Have to run big gauge wire (8awg) through my basement...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Julian,

Just got mine (black) last november 1st... Still discovered some feature today!!! :p

I also started reading the paperback manuals but stopped at the introduction...

I'm about to install my charging point this weekend (Flo G5)... Have to run big gauge wire (8awg) through my basement...
I have yet to purchase a charging point but will do after i move house

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq PHEV Limited
22 Posts
As a recent PHEV buyer also, I know what you mean about learning all the features. Luckily, you can just drive it like any old car without too many issues - that's pretty much what my wife and kids do. My tips if you want to understand all the features of your car and use them optimally: 1) Do read your manuals, cover to cover. 2) When searching this forum, know that some features are different for the PHEV vs. HEV vs. EV, that each country has surprisingly different features and subtleties, even between the US and Canada for example, and the most vexing difference can be between model years, even in this car's short history. So, you may read long threads here on how the regenerative paddles work, only to find that this behavior changes with the 2020 PHEV. That's why you need to read your manual, which may not have enough detail, but should be a primary starting point for what your car does. To help you not get confusing answers to your questions, you should be sure to put your model, year, and country in both your Profile, which show at the top of your posts, and in the signature/footer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a recent PHEV buyer also, I know what you mean about learning all the features. Luckily, you can just drive it like any old car without too many issues - that's pretty much what my wife and kids do. My tips if you want to understand all the features of your car and use them optimally: 1) Do read your manuals, cover to cover. 2) When searching this forum, know that some features are different for the PHEV vs. HEV vs. EV, that each country has surprisingly different features and subtleties, even between the US and Canada for example, and the most vexing difference can be between model years, even in this car's short history. So, you may read long threads here on how the regenerative paddles work, only to find that this behavior changes with the 2020 PHEV. That's why you need to read your manual, which may not have enough detail, but should be a primary starting point for what your car does. To help you not get confusing answers to your questions, you should be sure to put your model, year, and country in both your Profile, which show at the top of your posts, and in the signature/footer.
Thank you for your input

1 - 6 of 6 Posts