Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Mal, and I live in the West Midlands. I have just bought a 67 plate phantom black Ioniq Prem SE Hybrid as the replacement runaround to my now scrapped 2001 Astra Estate. My intended buy was an Ioniq Hybrid and had my Astra not developed a leaking fuel tank my purchase would have been closer to Christmas. My car was delivered on the evening of the 22nd and I have covered just over 100 miles since then and already it feels as though I have always driven one.

Obviously the on-board tech is vastly different to any on the Astra, and the initial strangeness is the silent start. As I am up/down the motorway very frequently I have to say that I do like the Blind Spot Detection and Warning system.

The ride is very comfortable, and today it felt as though the car was assisting my directional steering; did I imagine it or does the Lane Keeping System literally help to keep you on the straight and narrow?

This car is the newest and most expensive car I have owned, most being older that 12 years on receipt. Indeed, my other car is 23 years old.

I am a 63 year old male and I am a car enthusiast. In time it would be nice to meet up with other members of the group.

Registered
Welcome to the forum Phoenix11,

Please add your general location in your profile and model into your signature to help people give answers for your specific region and model.

Nice to hear annother Ioniq hits the road and we have annother happy driver on the forum.

The LKA (lane keep assist) system does help you stear the car and keep in the lane. The settings influence the way it does. Have a look in the manual for the details. I needed some driving and playing with the settings to get used to it and I like it now.

Registered
Hi I am new here on Saturday the 28th off sep I will be picking up my new hyundai ioniq premium se hybrid UK spec I am in England blackpool I have read information on Google etc and would like feed back off any hybrid owners it's the 2018 model not the new 2020 model but its new as its just arrived in the UK on Saturday from the factory

1 - 4 of 4 Posts