Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I live in Berkshire and took ownership of a white SE Premium 1st December.Previously owned ix35's.
So far I am loving the new experiience and novelty of hybrid driving.I have only covered 240 miles and the fuel efficiency is about 50 mpg average with mixed driving (mostly short trips).Have fitted Huawei Carfi ((Xmas present) very useful.Only thing I miss is rear wash/wipe this time of year and of course shock horror no where to play my cd's !!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome Colin, to the forums!

Did you consider any other car before deciding on the Ioniq?
Are there any particular features of the Ioniq that you are surprised or like about?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking for an automatic petrol engined. I had considered Ford Focus but since my previous 2 cars have been Hyundai And I have been pleased with them I was offered a test drive of the ioniq and was smitten.
I like the extra bit of power when needed for overtaking(Electric motor power) also the smooth gear change. All the extra safety features front and rear parking aids,blind spot detection etc. All in all so far we'll pleased.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If there's an auxiliary wire, I'm sure you can plug it into the walkman and run the CDs. Just make sure to keep a stock of batteries handy ;)

Welcome to the forums though and congratulations !

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
I was looking for an automatic petrol engined. I had considered Ford Focus but since my previous 2 cars have been Hyundai And I have been pleased with them I was offered a test drive of the ioniq and was smitten.
I like the extra bit of power when needed for overtaking(Electric motor power) also the smooth gear change. All the extra safety features front and rear parking aids,blind spot detection etc. All in all so far we'll pleased.
yep, sells itself once you test drive it,

lots of toys, fun to drive and economical

don't forget if you have a android or apple phone you have android auto and apple carplay to allow you to play you music and use you apps on the media centre

or get a 4/8gb memory stick, copy your music onto it and plug it into the usb port above the wireless charging pad

very few cars now have a CD player

·
Registered
103 Posts
Walkman? Call me old fashioned (or plainly old) but a walkman which does not play tapes is not a walkman....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep I did download some to USB memory sticks but some of my cd's seem to be encrypted.There again there are so many varied radio station on the dab radio there is always something to listen to.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
only thing to note about the DAB radio, is if you are on a DAB station you don't get any traffic information

but if you have the live services running (you mentioned you got a carfi for xmas) it more than makes up for lack of traffic info on the radio

have you found the rocker switch next to the volume rocker goes up and down you preset stations?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ha! My Gen2 Prius has a cassette player and a 6 CD changer unit!

Believe it or not, I still use the cassette player, but only because I've hooked up a Bluetooth hotspot which then links into a cassette adaptor which goes into the cassette player.
This so that I can use the Bluetooth on my iPhone to hear my music/podcasts and satnav instructions (I have the T4 model not T-Spirit Prius).

I also have a dash cam in my car, so you can imagine all the wires in the centre console of the Prius.

I hope I can find a way to use Waze in the Ioniq when I get the car...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts