Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone....
I ordered an Ioniq HEV Premium SE a couple of weeks ago with a promised delivery of end March/beginning of April .... However I notice that lead time on delivery to members of this forum seems to be much longer. Am I right to be apprehensive about the quoted delivery time?

·
Registered
843 Posts
If only we knew. If you ordered recently and was told end of March / beginning April, that coincides with the information from my dealer, so perhaps there is a boat arriving at that time with sufficient HEV stock on board to fulfill your order.

On the flip side, two weeks have passed since you ordered and a lot can change in that time. Three weeks ago my EV was waiting to board a ship, and so far, no-one can tell me whether or not that ship has yet sailed!

Welcome, by the way... :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
If only we knew. If you ordered recently and was told end of March / beginning April, that coincides with the information from my dealer, so perhaps there is a boat arriving at that time with sufficient HEV stock on board to fulfill your order.

On the flip side, two weeks have passed since you ordered and a lot can change in that time. Three weeks ago my EV was waiting to board a ship, and so far, no-one can tell me whether or not that ship has yet sailed!

Welcome, by the way...
There is a ship full of HEV arriving to the uk on 3/3/17. Allegedly one of those is mine. I'm guessing yours too. The estimated time at the dealer is 20/3/17.

They have a system that tracks your from order to deliver. You should be able to be told what the schedule is.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi jjg - welcome to the forums.

As others have noted and you have read, it's difficult to assess when people's order will come through.
I would recommend that you chase this up with your dealer as often as possible so that you know where you stand.

I presume you'll want it before April 1st, when the new VED rates kick in?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, asfafa .... I'm told it will definitely be registered before the end of March - although it may be April before I get it.....

·
Registered
843 Posts
You should be able to be told what the schedule is.
You'd thinks so wouldn't you, but neither my dealer or Hyundai UK can tell me what that is. They both say and I quote "we don't have access to that information"

It's a bit of a joke really, because they have been able to tell me that my car has been built already and is waiting to be put on a ship, but cannot give me any information as to shipping schedules.
I suspect that the boat arriving on 3 March (if accurate) was the one my car was supposed to be on in the first place, and the delays I mentioned in other threads meant that the EV's literally missed the boat!

·
Registered
278 Posts
You should be able to be told what the schedule is.
You'd thinks so wouldn't you, but neither my dealer or Hyundai UK can tell me what that is. They both say and I quote "we don't have access to that information"

It's a bit of a joke really, because they have been able to tell me that my car has been built already and is waiting to be put on a ship, but cannot give me any information as to shipping schedules.
I suspect that the boat arriving on 3 March (if accurate) was the one my car was supposed to be on in the first place, and the delays I mentioned in other threads meant that the EV's literally missed the boat!
I only know about HEV. I missed you were waiting on EV.

I've got a bit of paper with key dates they printed off their system. Perhaps it is because the order was one of the cars actually in the processs of being produced. Rather than a vehicle yet scheduled to be produced. I'm guessing if it's not yet being made it's difficult to tell you when it will arrive.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Perhaps it is because the order was one of the cars actually in the processs of being produced. Rather than a vehicle yet scheduled to be produced. I'm guessing if it's not yet being made it's difficult to tell you when it will arrive.
I ordered the car back in December and was given a limited number of colour choices according to what was going through the factory at that time. I took that to mean that the car was already in the process of being produced. In any event the dealer did confirm the car had been built when he first phoned to give me the bad news that it would be delayed. It was, he said, simply waiting to get on a ship. He also said that the delays were only affecting the Premium SE specification vehicles.

I'm just hoping that it's not going to be June as has been conveyed to another poster on here. :|

1 - 8 of 8 Posts