Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I've just joined the forum as I progress towards my Ioniq purchase. I've been driving a Prius since 2006 and love it. Time to advance to modern technology and a nicer car though. After looking at all the options out there today I've settled on the Ioniq. I love the look of the Ioniq far better than the Prius and Hyundai has done a nice job with the features and appointments in the car.

What I'd like is a Limited with the Technology package but it looks like that option does not exist. To get the technology components in the Limited you have to pay the additional $2000 for the Ultimate package. I don't really care to pay for a GPS system I won't use when we have Google Auto and get better navigation with updates and traffic through my phone, plus nice integration with the computer to setup destinations and such on the computer. But appears I don't have a choice, so it will be a Limited with the Ultimate package.

I've also been debating waiting until the plug-in hybrid Ioniq comes out, but can't tell if that will really be this fall or later. And the loss of 3+ cu ft of cargo space is a harsh tradeoff. We use our Prius as our go everywhere care even over our SUV unless we absolutely must have the extra hauling capacity of the SUV. Ioniq hybrid appears to have about the same capacity, so while I love the idea of getting to a plug-in, I'm leaning away from it.

If I go with the non-plug-in, purchase will be in July or so.

Loving looking at the comments folks are posting on their experiences with the car so far. Any thoughts folks have on the topics above are also always appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Welcome to the forum . You're reasoning seems pretty sound especially regarding the extra $2000 for GPS, AndroidAuto works like a charm for me in the UK so it's probably the way to go . Maybe some of our owners your side of the pond could advise you further .
Can't really say much about the PHEV because it's not out here yet .

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
yep plugin seems due late Q3 / Q4, so probably too late for you

in the UK android auto is only available on the nav systems, but just checked and yes android auto and apple car play is available on all systems in the US

I must admit if the UK spec for the Ioniq was the same as the US spec I probably would not have bought mine if I had to buy the top line model and add the ultimate pack as well to get all the safety features I wanted, but we also finance cars differently here in the UK as we only tend to keep them 3-5 years where most US members look at a car as a more long term investment

but I will say now I have it I am glad I got it, it drives great, fantastic fuel economy and all the safety tech works (had other drivers test most of it for me :( )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts