Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Turin. Italy

on Wednesday I take my brand new Ioniq Style (Premium SE), Iron Grey, 17" tires.

As a 14 years Toyota client I'm following the hybrid world since long time (thought to buy an HEV cars in the last two years), but not loving Toyota CVT and the style of their hybrid cars I always postponed my decision.

The Ioniq will be my first HEV car as well as my first Hyundai.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on pulling the trigger! Can't wait to see some photos and your impressions on it!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome Mauti to a very exclusive club. My Premium SE is also my first HEV and first Hyundai. It's so easy to drive, you certainly made the right choice. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all.

I take the decision to buy Ioniq because the Huyndai "hybrid system" IMHO is better than Toyota (except maybe for Prius last gen. which i really don't like) notwithstandig the long time experience Toyota got on hybrid powetrain.

Just look at spritmonitor or fuelly and compare consumption of Toyota Auris TS with Ioniq, and consider that Ioniq are all new car, drove since now in the coldest half of the year, and cold is bad for hybrid car.

I drive mostly on motorway and the Hyundai hybrid gets better performance than Toyota on this field.

Toyota hybrid world is plenty of hypermilers, they know everything how to get the best from their cars but the driving style that comes out is somenthing very unnatural. I hope new "young" hypermilers grow up for Ioniq,

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Thanks all.
.snip

Toyota hybrid world is plenty of hypermilers, they know everything how to get the best from their cars but the driving style that comes out is somenthing very unnatural. I hope new "young" hypermilers grow up for Ioniq,
I am over 50 and getting very good mpg, over 80mpg(UK) (3.5l/100km)

some see me as a hyper miler, but I am definitely not classed as young, never had a Prius or any Toyota, started learning how to hyper mile with my old skoda fabia greenline 1.2TDi 75hp, then my i20 1.2 84PS

just carried on with a bit extra hybrid magic as well on the Ioniq :) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts