Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,

Just introducing myself, like the forum guidelines suggest;

Which Ioniq you are interested in or have purchased?
  • I'm interested in (possibly) driving a 2019 or 2020 model Ioniq Comfort or Premium EV.
What you will be / have swapped for the new Ioniq?
  • Currently driving a 2015 model Toyota Auris TS hybrid.
What country / area you are from, this helps support you due to the different variants / specs in different countries?
  • Netherlands
What caused you to be interested in the Ioniq ?
  1. I drive my current car with the greatest of pleasure, but the business lease ends at the end of this year and the new tax regime - funny enough - doesn't support hev and phev vehicles in any way. It does sit in favour of EV's, but the only electric "Toyota" currently on offer is a 200 km WLTP Lexus e250, which quite frankly "won't cut it" (price vs range) as my work might entitle me to a nice car, but also to a lot of - potential - mileage.
  2. I've been interested in driving electric for a long time and became enthusiastic about the original 28 kWh Ioniq by internet personality "TeslaBjorn" (also known as Bjorn Nyland).
  3. I'm basically looking for a good sized family car, that will fit 2 adults and 2 (very young) children. Funny enough, almost every EV maker out there doesn't cater to this group, as the test of fitting a stroller, travel bed and diaper bag is too much for practically any current EV except for the high end range. So far I've tested the Kia Soul (failed miserably), Kona (failed miserably), Niro (failed), Tesla's M3 (passed, but a real hassle), Ioniq (passed with ease) and last but not least the Opel/Vauxhall Ampera-e/Chevy Bolt (which funny enough passed, though the trunk space at 381L is much smaller than the Niro).
  4. I've taken two testdrives so far (M3 and Bolt), both of which were very nice to drive; which admittedly surprised me a lot since I already drive HEV. The next one to test is going to be the Ioniq, but that'll have to wait somewhat given the current state of the world...
  5. Besides trunk space, the most important characteristic is range. I usually work 3 - 24 months for a given client, either around the corner or as far away as a 2/300 km round trip. So far it's been 160/200 km max round trips with no or limited possibilities to destination charge, which is where my other interest in the Ioniq comes from: it's very efficient! I'm basically here to determine if the Ioniq could fit the profile I just described!

·
Super Moderator
8,045 Posts
welcome to the forum @Ingmar

the 160-200km would be at the limit if the 2019 Ioniq EV, the 2020 Ioniq EV with the bigger battery would be the better option as you would have the additional range for winter when the cold weather reduces range

i am not sure any 2020 Ioniqs with the bigger battery have been delivered yet, if they have no doubt someone will speak up on here and give you an opinion

any question just ask, all we ask is you have a search first and if nothing obvious comes up in the result then ask away :)

·
Super Moderator
1,519 Posts
Yes, within the Netherlands, the 2020 Ioniq EV is being delivered already more than half a year, since the end of September 2019; I got mine on October 1 and am very happy with it. It has a similar efficiency as the previous Ioniq EV, and the 35% larger battery indeed gives you 35% more range. You can find experiences during Autumn and Winter here. The current list is:

Range (for a full battery)Avg Temp °C
in kmin milesduring driving
255158-1
282175 5.5
286178 7.5

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@bluecar1 and @Jan Treur , thank you both for your welcome! I'll be sure to use the search if anything comes up. Special credits for Jan; that's an extremely useful set of data, considering it goes as far as winter tyres and ambient temperatures! Very impressive to see that in wintery conditions, fitted with winter tyres it still passes the 250 km mark. That's very good news indeed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts