Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd say hello as a new member and a soon to be IONIQ owner.

I test drove the IONIQ hybrid a couple of times just over a week ago and loved it. I told the dealer I wanted to order one and when I asked how long it would take (I wanted it before the new tax laws on 1st April) he told me that they could not get any until the end of May. Then he said "unless you want the one in the showroom". I really liked the colour (iron grey) and it was the right spec so I said yes.

So I'm picking up my IONIQ Hybrid Premium on Wednesday on a '17 plate :D. Can't wait.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Just thought I'd say hello as a new member and a soon to be IONIQ owner.

I test drove the IONIQ hybrid a couple of times just over a week ago and loved it. I told the dealer I wanted to order one and when I asked how long it would take (I wanted it before the new tax laws on 1st April) he told me that they could not get any until the end of May. Then he said "unless you want the one in the showroom". I really liked the colour (iron grey) and it was the right spec so I said yes.

So I'm picking up my IONIQ Hybrid Premium on Wednesday on a '17 plate :D. Can't wait.

Mark
Wasn't Hutchings Hyundai was it ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats MarkH.

How many miles has the showroom car got on the clock, and was there a reason why you were shopping for a new car? Was it just to get a new car before April?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome markh

welcome to a very exclusive club at the moment (until Hyundai can ramp up production to catch up with demand),

what you swapping from ?
Thanks.

I'm swapping from something very different. A 10 year old Ford Focus CC-3 convertible which I've had for seven years. It's a lovely car but I felt like a change and wanted an automatic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats MarkH.

How many miles has the showroom car got on the clock, and was there a reason why you were shopping for a new car? Was it just to get a new car before April?
I'm embarassed to say that I didn't ask how many miles were on the clock. I'll find out tomorrow I guess :eek:. Never bought a brand new car before.

I've been planning to change the car for a while now and I was going to go for a Golf DSG but preferred the IONIQ. It wasn't to get a new car before April. I didn't even know that the tax laws were changing until I decided to order the IONIQ.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Yes. Hutchings in Treforest. Did you get your IONIQ from them?
No , there was an Iron Grey one in the showroom when I went for my test drive . By the time they'd got back to me I'd been to Weston Super Mare to pick up an ex demo Marina Blue one . Impatient , I know , but I really want the car and can you blame me ? ;) . I absolutely love it !!! If you're local I may have some company around here....haven't seen another one yet .
By the way I really liked the Iron Grey . It was either that or Blue for me , not so keen on the other colours

·
Registered
278 Posts
Truly sux. Sorry to hear this.

Reactions: MarkH

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
That's the one I'm getting. I couldn't pick it up yesterday after all. I just posted on the http://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/47409-post95.html thread saying why I couldn't :(
What a bummer :( I could have ended up with that one if I hadn't had good deal on an ex demo . Maybe I dodged the bullet but I'm not counting my chickens seeing the number of battery faults cropping up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts