Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

New member from Redding CA. For an Ionic sedan: PHEV or not? Which trim level?

837 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  inspectorrgadget 
#1 ·
Greetings from Redding, California. USA. I live in the country, and dislike cities. My only experience with Hybrids has been with various Prius models in my family (2007, 2008, and 2015). I've never used Android Auto, but it sounds like a good thing.

I am seeking guidance as to which trim level to get, and whether or not I should spring for the Plug-in Hybrid Ioniq, or just stick with the normal Hybrid version.

In terms of Trim: SE, SEL, or Limited? I wanted Adaptive Cruise Control, Navigation, and Leather. All of which come on the Limited. Except, Android Auto is not wireless on the Limited?

Furthermore, the supply of Limiteds is extremely low. I've wondered if Adaptive Cruise Control and Leather can be added to the lower trim levels or not, and if the Adroid Auto is wireless or not on the lower trim levels. Does anyone know?

The Plug-in Ioniq Hybrid supposedly gets 29 miles on EV mode. Which is fine, as I live about 25 miles to town. Is the extra cost of Plug-in Hybrid worth it, in the long run? I have PG&E, which in worst-case costs 42 cents per kWh. The PG&E is 25 cents best-case scenario. I have zero solar panels at my residence.

We have a samll New Mexico ranch, which is 90 miles from the nearest town. The lack of a real spare tire on the Plug-In Hybrid could be a problem. Has anyone ever attached a hitch to these PlugIn Hybrids, if only to mount a real spare tire externally? Sort of like a tilt-down bike rack? It appears one can get a towing hitch for the Ionic, but only if it is not a PlugIn Hybrid. I'm guessing it's because there's a risk a mounting bolt might penetrate the bigger battery on the PlugIn Hybrid.

In conclusion, I am shopping, and would appreciate the insights of established members of this forum.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.