Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
After a couple of months of lurking thought I should properly join the group. Have enjoyed using the forum to find out more about this great car.
I purchased a demonstrator Ioniq Electric Premium SE in Feb 2017 from the local dealership. Colour is marina blue.
Traded in a big VW diesel for it. I lost all trust in VW over the dieselgate scandal. Their fix definitely affected the economy of the engine, and not in a good way.
I live near Sunderland. Only seen two other Ioniqs in the wild so far, both hybrids.
Already had a hybrid (not an Ioniq) so was already keen on alternative drive trains. The Ioniq test drive sold it to me. Not regretted my choice at all, loving my Ioniq!

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
@Nadder, welcome on this forum!
You can ask any question here.
What distances do you drive daily?
Can you charge at home, at work?

Maybe you can give some info in the Member map thread so that we can add you to the map.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi all,
After a couple of months of lurking thought I should properly join the group. Have enjoyed using the forum to find out more about this great car.
I purchased a demonstrator Ioniq Electric Premium SE in Feb 2017 from the local dealership. Colour is marina blue.
Traded in a big VW diesel for it. I lost all trust in VW over the dieselgate scandal. Their fix definitely affected the economy of the engine, and not in a good way.
I live near Sunderland. Only seen two other Ioniqs in the wild so far, both hybrids.
Already had a hybrid (not an Ioniq) so was already keen on alternative drive trains. The Ioniq test drive sold it to me. Not regretted my choice at all, loving my Ioniq!
Did you get yours from SG Petch. Their blue BEV disappeared about then. Lovely car.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Being a demo version did they at least give you some sort of discount? Hopefully it was a good enough discount since some dealers still like to push these to like-new MSRP.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
welcome Nadder

mine was an ex demo as well (only 3 weeks old when I got it), but mines only the premium but also Marina Blue

as to the VW fix, I have heard it affected mpg, caused rough running after various revs and the engine seemed to rattle for many

enjoy your Ioniq, any questions just ask

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forums. What other vehicles were you looking at when you were searching around?
Thanks for the welcome. I tried a newer Leaf first. That got me more interested in BEV cars. The Ioniq blew the Leaf away and had the space I needed and the styling/tech I wanted. I stopped looking then although had already discovered quite a lot about other BEVs through web reviews and YouTube- TeslaBjorn and too many others to mention.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Nadder, welcome on this forum!
You can ask any question here.
What distances do you drive daily?
Can you charge at home, at work?

Maybe you can give some info in the Member map thread so that we can add you to the map.
Thanks Jan,
Daily distances range from 15 miles to 180 miles so far. Mixed roads from urban to motorways.
I have a home charger - 7kw - but mostly charge at work or from public points (mostly free).
I'll head over to the member map thread when I next have a chance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I tried a newer Leaf first. That got me more interested in BEV cars. The Ioniq blew the Leaf away and had the space I needed and the styling/tech I wanted. I stopped looking then although had already discovered quite a lot about other BEVs through web reviews and YouTube- TeslaBjorn and too many others to mention.
Also I explored a lot of posts on this Forum as well! That really helped finalise my decision.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Being a demo version did they at least give you some sort of discount? Hopefully it was a good enough discount since some dealers still like to push these to like-new MSRP.
Hi ChargedUp. Yes, I got a good discount, what I would expect from a 3 month old demonstrator with 1k miles on the clock. No obvious premium charge because its new/unusual/supply shortage. A dealership up the road also had a BEV Premium SE in black but about £2.5k more expensive. So I didn't bother with them. The trade in price for my existing car was reasonable as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
welcome Nadder

mine was an ex demo as well (only 3 weeks old when I got it), but mines only the premium but also Marina Blue

as to the VW fix, I have heard it affected mpg, caused rough running after various revs and the engine seemed to rattle for many

enjoy your Ioniq, any questions just ask
Thanks BC1. Will do. For me the most noticeable post-VW fix change was the auto start-stop activated noticeably less frequently than beforehand. Not helpful for reducing emissions or fuel economy... Great car besides that - but not in the Ioniq league.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts