Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

Joined the forum a little while ago but thought I'd introduce myself now that I finally collected my Premium SE HEV on Monday morning of this week. I was very lucky to collect just before the announcement was made that afternoon regarding Corona lockdown, along with the dealership closures.

Loving everything about the car so far although only managed to do 2 or 3 short trips so not seeing a true reflection of the mpg I might be able to squeeze out of it ?

I think the tech is great, being a techie myself, and love the infotainment system.

Dealer wouldn't throw in mats and the car used fumes to get to the nearest garage after collection. I've ordered mats from RAC for half the price of the OEM ones. Hopefully they fit ok.

I'm sure I'll have questions as time goes on but this forum answered so many prior to getting the car. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute too ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome to the forum,

sadly like many of us you wont by driving much for the next few months

any questions just ask
Thank you for the welcome. It's so frustrating not being able to use it but, quite rightly, it's in our best interest to stay at home.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine's a company car and the Lease Company sent a set of universal mats, which went straight in the bin as they moved around under my feet as I drove. I bit the bullet and ordered a set of OEM All Weather mats from the local dealer. As you would expect they fit perfectly and do their job well. They are not floor trays with nicely ridged rubber that I have had on previous cars, and that my Brother in Law has for his i10, these are a fairly smooth plastic with a grippy bottom, but after 6000 miles in 2 1/2 months, they appear to be holding up pretty well.

I must admit I'm not missing driving over 3000 miles a month as much as I thought I would!!! But at least the sun's been shining this week.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine's a company car and the Lease Company sent a set of universal mats, which went straight in the bin as they moved around under my feet as I drove. I bit the bullet and ordered a set of OEM All Weather mats from the local dealer. As you would expect they fit perfectly and do their job well. They are not floor trays with nicely ridged rubber that I have had on previous cars, and that my Brother in Law has for his i10, these are a fairly smooth plastic with a grippy bottom, but after 6000 miles in 2 1/2 months, they appear to be holding up pretty well.

I must admit I'm not missing driving over 3000 miles a month as much as I thought I would!!! But at least the sun's been shining this week.
I hope I don't have to chuck them in the bin. I ordered the deluxe version of these Hyundai Ioniq 2016 - Current (4 Pieces 3 Clips) Tailored Car Mats | RAC Shop. I to, in past years, used to rack up the mileage but now do much less so didn't really need hard wearing, all weather mats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts