Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Member from Clovis California. Picked up a new 2017 blue Ioniq "Blue drive" two days ago and so far it has been fun and entertaining to drive!

Lithia Hyundai in Fresno has them discounted over $3K plus add in another thousand via incentives and the list price was just under $19K for state of the art hybrid that looks poised to make serious inroads into Toyota's dominance.

The Ioniq hybrid is priced right, and over two days and just under 200 miles of driving I'm very impressed with the overall quality and feel of the car, and certain even more so with it's mileage numbers!

Yesterday morning on my commute from work to home I took a photo of my economy graph showing 81.7 miles per gallon with 30 minutes of "bars" to validate it wasn't just a snap-shot number. I confess some of that came from starting out drafting behind a tractor trailer after resetting my mpg and showing "99.9" mpg for about 10 miles of the 35 mile journey!

Anyway, I'm interested in learning more about this remarkable car!

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Welcome to the forum . Ownership seems to gathering pace in the US now ...good to see ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I traded my 2014 Dodge Charger SRT-8 6.4 liter 470 hp for the Ioniq, which is quite a change in size and power, but I've really been wanting to shift toward ultra-economy due to my work commute and already I don't miss the Charger. It's fun to accelerate quickly, until pulling into the gas station! My Charger averaged 22 mpg, compared to the Ioniq which today brought me home from work at 69 mpg average. Plus, I've found that when one chooses, the Ioniq is perfectly capable of running 80 mph with other traffic.

I actually wanted the "entry level" Ioniq. My experience has been that once the new wears off, all those nifty bells and whistles and techo gadgets go unused. Plus, why pay for a Nav system when Apple Play puts my iPhone's map and routing capability directly onto the display? I've also got Audiobooks for listening to books on the work commute. I wanted the "Blue" model because it advertises the highest mpg and that's really what's important when trying to wring out the highest possible mileage.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the Charger was my last hoorah in my post-middle-age growth spurt! I've always been more of the type to enjoy something like a hybrid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts