Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Just a quick hello as a new Ioniq owner. I've a Hybrid SE in white, so complete base spec which is a little different coming from a fully loaded c-class estate. I really wanted a plugin hybrid in premium but needed a car in Feb and found this one via a cheap 18 month lease deal.
So far it's been pretty good. I test drove one, so already new it has quite high road noise, but it's not too bad.
My other observations would be the amount of water/dirt that make it into the lower door seal, but guess that's highlighted by the white paint. Also not having a rear wiper is a pain.

My commute is A then B road city traffic of 16 miles and have already seen 70mpg, for which my diesel Mercedes would only get 35 tops. So this is great. :)

Cheers, Guy

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome Thornegt

looks like I will have some competition for best mpg :) (my best is 80.3 over 350 miles)

good to see you are enjoying the car, to be honest the lack of rear wiper is not an issue once you get over about 40mph, the airflow keeps the window clear (apart from the bottom half which is a dirt magnet)

all of my cars have had a certain amount of dirt / water into the inner door seal but a damp cloth sorts it when you wash the car

any questions just ask

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi Guy

Congratulations, and welcome to the forums!

As I am only down the M5 from you, I hope to see you around when commuting to/from Bristol, as I have yet to see another Ioniq.

By any chance, did you purchase the vehicle from Hyundai near Avon Meads? What is their customer service like?
I remember going into their showroom in December and sitting in, and looking around their showroom Ioniq for 30 minutes, and no one came to see me or enquire. I left <humph>!

Paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome Thornegt

looks like I will have some competition for best mpg :) (my best is 80.3 over 350 miles)

good to see you are enjoying the car, to be honest the lack of rear wiper is not an issue once you get over about 40mph, the airflow keeps the window clear (apart from the bottom half which is a dirt magnet)

all of my cars have had a certain amount of dirt / water into the inner door seal but a damp cloth sorts it when you wash the car

any questions just ask
I just use a squeegee before starting off. Like you say it's not too bad once you are travelling.

Cheers,
Guy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guy

Congratulations, and welcome to the forums!

As I am only down the M5 from you, I hope to see you around when commuting to/from Bristol, as I have yet to see another Ioniq.

By any chance, did you purchase the vehicle from Hyundai near Avon Meads? What is their customer service like?
I remember going into their showroom in December and sitting in, and looking around their showroom Ioniq for 30 minutes, and no one came to see me or enquire. I left <humph>!

Paul
Thanks Paul,

Yeah I've not seen another on the roads either, and have been looking.
I ended up getting it via an internet lease broker and it came from a dealer up in the north. I did have a similar experience at Avon Meads. Spent a good while looking around the car in the show room, but no sign of a Hyundai sales person. I was keen enough to go and find someone, but then told the Ioniq person wasn't in that day. I set and appointment and returned the next day. I was told by him that they were updating the dealership including adding the charging points etc for the BEV, so maybe it will get better? Hope so as it will be the easiest one for servicing for me.

I know what you mean about dealers. I went into the Weston Skoda, as I was also keen on either the new superb or runout Yeti, but nobody was interested in speaking to me.

Cheers, Guy

·
Registered
193 Posts
They didn't come as standard for me. I had to ask the sales person, and thankfully they threw them in for free. They are £60 if you can't haggle with them...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Also already agreed the lease deal so not much sure any extra haggling works now!! ?
Where the finance is coming from is irrelevant - if there is sufficient profit in it as the suppling dealer, they should throw them in out of goodwill.

It's a case of don't ask, don't get! ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Its something I didn't consider until it arrived and I had muddy feet as I got in :(

Got them to give me some after last dealer visit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks guys... Yes it's a case of asking for it at the right time!!

Only problem is that I may get the car delivered so may find out too late. Hope they will be there in the first place as it's such a small but practical thing.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Thanks guys... Yes it's a case of asking for it at the right time!!

Only problem is that I may get the car delivered so may find out too late. Hope they will be there in the first place as it's such a small but practical thing.
Try a Salesman's assumptive closing tactic;
Phone them prior to taking delivery and throw it out there: "just to be clear, you are bringing some complimentary car mats with you, aren't you?"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts