Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just test drove an Ioniq 5 SEL AWD and really loved it but had some questions for owners if you'll oblige.

Does the Ioniq have auto locking doors when you walk away from the car or do you have to press a button?

Have any AWD owners done measured acceleration tests? Hyundai originally said 5.2 0-60 then it went to under 5 seconds. I'm curious how strong the acceleration is in the real world.

Any idea how much weight the limited model is supposed to add on? The SEL I tested at 40% charge pulled really well but I don't know how much the pano roof and other options will increase mass and change the feel/dynamics.

Is the infotainment system stable? Im cross shopping with Volvo C40 recharge which has a buggy infotainment system (based on XC40 recharge owners' experiences).

Last question, the sales rep told me phone as a key only works on Samsung phones and not iPhones. Is this true?

Thanks a lot for your help!

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited Digital Teal Green
553 Posts
  1. You have to lock it with the remote or the App
  2. We have a model 3 Long Range and wile my AWD Limited is supposed to be a tiny bit slower we couldn’t really feel it in the car. We were squeezed against the seats
  3. RWD: 4,200 – 4,414
    AWD: 4,464 –4,662
  4. It has been rock solid for me. Quite nice actually
  5. Apple has a technology called Carkeys that only BMW has adopted so far. I just carry the fob in my pocket and the car unlocks and opens the door handles when I approach

·
Registered
117 Posts
Auto locking is available in some places (models?). It’s one of the features that’s hit or miss depending on country. I’m guessing USA is miss.

I know I saw a YouTube reviewer with them. I think it might have been Australia.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
  1. You have to lock it with the remote or the App
  2. We have a model 3 and wile my AWD limited is supposed to be a tiny bit slower we couldn’t really feel it in the car. We were squeezed against the seats
  3. Let me get back to you on that
  4. It has been rock solid for me. Quite nice actually
  5. Apple has a technology called Carkeys that only BMW has adopted so far. I just carry the fob in my pocket and the car unlocks and opens the door handles when I approach
Is your model 3 dual or single motor? My test drive was short and didn't get to test out the "passing speed' range of 50-70 or therabouts.

What has your real world range been like in the limited?

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Project 45 AWD Ultimate 73 Kw
121 Posts
Auto locking is available in some places (models?). It’s one of the features that’s hit or miss depending on country. I’m guessing USA is miss.

I know I saw a YouTube reviewer with them. I think it might have been Australia.
My car has Auto locking. I think all Project 45's do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi I just test drove an Ioniq 5 SEL AWD and really loved it but had some questions for owners if you'll oblige.

Does the Ioniq have auto locking doors when you walk away from the car or do you have to press a button?

Have any AWD owners done measured acceleration tests? Hyundai originally said 5.2 0-60 then it went to under 5 seconds. I'm curious how strong the acceleration is in the real world.

Any idea how much weight the limited model is supposed to add on? The SEL I tested at 40% charge pulled really well but I don't know how much the pano roof and other options will increase mass and change the feel/dynamics.

Is the infotainment system stable? Im cross shopping with Volvo C40 recharge which has a buggy infotainment system (based on XC40 recharge owners' experiences).

Last question, the sales rep told me phone as a key only works on Samsung phones and not iPhones. Is this true?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Hello, As a current owner of an i5 with an iphone, I can help you with some of these questions. See below

- There is a feature where the doors lock when you walk away. The same feature also unlocks the doors when you approach. We have actually turned it off, as it was locking and unlocking every time we were near it, and it got annoying. Just by having the keys in your pocket and walking in the garnen we could hear it cycling!

- There are very few AWD's availabke here, but i have the rear wheel version. My son and i did a quick test on a flat road, and when in sport mode we got 0-60 in 5 flat. for a family car, thats pretty good. The accelleration from 20 mph is even more impressive than from a standing start.

- I regularly use my to do the "post" run, dropping parcels to various locations, which can ad as much as 100KG to the rar end, and doesnt seem to make a difference to the speed or handling. I think the heavy low down batteries help here.

- Not had any issues with infotainment. In fact its the best system I have ever used. Its the little things lke remembering the volume levels of each connected device of the radio, when a device is swapped, or a user profile is changed. Its easy to use, and quick to respond. Its a bit like a home computer - it takes a few seconds to boot from cold, but once up is fine. I only have te standard speakers (not the Bose) But the sound is excellent.

- No. Both my wife and I have iphones (SE and 6S) and both will lock and unlock the car via the Bluelink app. In fact a couple of times now, we have gone off shopping, and forgotten to lock the car. The app sends you a notification after a few minutues to remind you the car is unlocked, so you can just lock it from the app wherever you are.
The new version of Bluelink also supports multiple users, so we each have our own profiles for setting climat control preheating etc.

Hope thats helpful to you.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited Digital Teal Green
553 Posts
Hello, As a current owner of an i5 with an iphone, I can help you with some of these questions. See below

- There is a feature where the doors lock when you walk away. The same feature also unlocks the doors when you approach. We have actually turned it off, as it was locking and unlocking every time we were near it, and it got annoying. Just by having the keys in your pocket and walking in the garnen we could hear it cycling!

- There are very few AWD's availabke here, but i have the rear wheel version. My son and i did a quick test on a flat road, and when in sport mode we got 0-60 in 5 flat. for a family car, thats pretty good. The accelleration from 20 mph is even more impressive than from a standing start.

- I regularly use my to do the "post" run, dropping parcels to various locations, which can ad as much as 100KG to the rar end, and doesnt seem to make a difference to the speed or handling. I think the heavy low down batteries help here.

- Not had any issues with infotainment. In fact its the best system I have ever used. Its the little things lke remembering the volume levels of each connected device of the radio, when a device is swapped, or a user profile is changed. Its easy to use, and quick to respond. Its a bit like a home computer - it takes a few seconds to boot from cold, but once up is fine. I only have te standard speakers (not the Bose) But the sound is excellent.

- No. Both my wife and I have iphones (SE and 6S) and both will lock and unlock the car via the Bluelink app. In fact a couple of times now, we have gone off shopping, and forgotten to lock the car. The app sends you a notification after a few minutues to remind you the car is unlocked, so you can just lock it from the app wherever you are.
The new version of Bluelink also supports multiple users, so we each have our own profiles for setting climat control preheating etc.

The U.S. Ioniq 5 doesn’t auto lock. The Bluelink app will ping you multiple times to inform you the door is not locked.

The lock feature the OP was asking about is called Near Field Communication. iPhones and Android Phones both support NFC. Android phones have supported it longer and supports car door locks without needing to open and use an app. You just approach the car and it unlocks. The iPhone recently started supporting NFC with car door locks but it requires the car to support the Apple technology. Hyundai has not implemented this. This is different from opening BlueLink and opening the door via a cellular connection to the car.

·
Registered
IONIQ5,lounge+Vision,73kWh,Phantom Black
19 Posts
My car has Auto locking. I think all Project 45's do.
My car IONIQ5 ,lounge,73 kWh, does not lock by itselves, but my former Tesla Model3 does.. However the ioniq5 is a far better car as the Tesla, the difference = Tesla is a plastic car and the ioniq5 is a "dream" listen to the difference of sound if you close a door.etc.etc.etc. regards from Holland ( The Netherlands)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Very helpful post thank you for the thorough response

1 - 9 of 9 Posts