Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Picked up my shiny new Premium SE hybrid in Iron Grey 3 days ago and so far loving it. Always discovering new things, and surprised that sport mode is such fun to drive. Great value given how packed with tech it is!
I've not seen another on the road since I ordered 2 months ago so if you have one and you're in Reading, chances are we'll both be on this board!

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome rjeat33

I have had mine nearly 3 months and not seen another on the road yet, may see you as I am up and down the m40, and sometimes the m4

up to 8000 miles in mine already still got that new car grin when I drive it :)

have you noticed the total lack of new car plastic smell?

what car did you have before the Ioniq?

why did you choose the Ioniq (I had been watching it since it was announced in Geneva march last year)

any questions just ask

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome I have been ioniq owner since end of November and I live in Bracknell about 12 miles from Reading I also have not seen any others on the road.I purchased mine from dealer in Basingstoke.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome. I am getting a hybrid premium se in iron grey in March/April. I have ordered iron grey off marketing pictures so would be great if you could post a picture or two. :)

Did you go for 15 or 17 wheels?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just noticed abated is the car but I can't get it big to really have a look

My local dealer who were kind enough to let me have a hybrid for an hour even though they couldn't sell it to me had the big Suv in show room in a colour very close appramtly so went off that as my choice.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the nice welcome guys.

Bluecar1, I had a Focus before with pretty much the same set of toys as the Ioniq, just not as modern. I chose the Ioniq because it seemed such good value for money given the tech on board - reminded me of when I got my first Hyundai Coupe. It was about 1996 and I was one of the first 250 in the country to get one - that too was outstanding value (a full £7000k cheaper than the Celica at the time)! Mine really does have that new car smell!

The Alien - no complaints so far. I've only just learned it doesn't have a CD player but no biggie. It's the nice touches like the moving seat on entry, angled mirrors on reverse, audible warnings coming from left or right of the stereo that indicates to me someone has really thought about the user experience.

RichieDan - 15" wheels as economy was a primary factor in choosing the car.

The iron grey is a beautiful colour with very fine flecks in the right light. I only saw it from the brochure as they had no swatches at the dealers, but it looks stunning! Pic attached!

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice. Glad I have gone for it. Trouble with marketing pictures is they would have been doctored a bit and likewise, my local dealer didn't have swatches.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice. Glad I have gone for it. Trouble with marketing pictures is they would have been doctored a bit and likewise, my local dealer didn't have swatches.
You won't be disappointed on any level RichieDan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts