Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Ioniq Hybrid Limited in blue on Saturday. Traded an older Ford edge for it. Been looking at Hybrids for several years now before taking the plunge. I am normally not one to jump on a new platform but timing seemed right for us. We moved farther away from wife's work and she has a split shift most days....so this should help her over the next two years before we both retire. Looking forward to comparing our experiences and sharing first hand knowledge we learn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, she drives 12 miles each way twice most days....plus her errands. It amounts to btwn 160-200 miles weekly average. Summer coming here so we will be testing the platform in 115 F+/46.1 C conditions. Our heat is the souce of my worries, fitment and interior materials. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I'm pretty sure with those commutes, you're wife should be good to go with no issues :) But keep us updated on how it works out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I little over one week here in Arizona with a/c running mostly (435 miles)....average is a fraction under 50mpg so far.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Ioniq is a simple, yet aggressive answer to the gasoline problem for most of us. The Ioniq will use motor only for all low speed operations and gives its owner excellent fuel economy without the issue or "hassle" of plugging it in each day.

So far I find the Ioniq more fun to drive in the pursuit of mileage excellence!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts