Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai has unveiled a new Ioniq Electric trim option — dubbed “I” — in South Korea. The intent is to increase the rate of electric vehicle adoption, according to recent reports.

So, why would the new trim option increase the rate of electric vehicle (EV) adoption? Because it’s relatively cheap, only running buyers 18.4 million won (~$16,300) after government incentives there are taken into account.
Before you ask, no, it’s not clear yet if the new trim will end up being offered in the US and Europe as well. Though, if it does end up being offered in those markets, then sales there will presumably see a nice uptick.

<snip>
Full article at:
https://cleantechnica.com/2017/03/2...tric-trim-south-korea-costs-16300-incentives/

Not much more than that.

Purely a guess on my part, but I'm thinking that it's the EV's equivalent of the Blue trim level of the Hybrid.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
nice find stoon

will depend on what has been removed to lower the price?

lower range for short commuters?
lower spec for those not worried about all the safety kit?

will be interesting to watch

Hyundai UK canned the planned basic "S" level as it didn't see demand I think they got that one right as very few Base "SE" spec cars I the UK, so I would be interested to see how this plays out

·
Registered
130 Posts
i reckon they will whack in the battery for the plugin in hybrid range, with just the electric motor. perhaps slightly increased size, but no where near the full ev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts