Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I am joining this forum as I just registered my brand new EV : a white Hyundai Ioniq Electric.
As all french electic Ioniq's it has only a creative like finition level.
While the first driven kilometers confirms that this car is well born and it's handling is really great, I feel a bit concerned about the actual range.
The Ioniq replaces an Audi A6 3l TDI and will essentially be used for commuting in Paris and it's arroundings.
I still own a Golf and a Defender for longer distances or heavy duty trips :)
Jürgen Kurz

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you have many pleasurable miles of enjoyable travel.

Here is the USA, we have not even seen a demo Ioniq. In fact, the local Hyundai Sales Manager had not even heard of the Ioniq. So all of us that have had absolutely no experience, of sighting, of an Ioniq, we are very anxious to hear about your experiences, findings and opinions. Write often.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the USA, we have not even seen a demo Ioniq. In fact, the local Hyundai Sales Manager had not even heard of the Ioniq. So all of us that have had absolutely no experience, of sighting, of an Ioniq, we are very anxious to hear about your experiences, findings and opinions. Write often.
I wasn't aware of that. Here in Europe most Ioniq reviews states it "is made for the US". It would be too long/big for French city trafic and parking conditions. Most european EV are smaller city cars.

Right now I am still very pleased by my brand new Ioniq. My major concern is that the displayed available range after a full charge is only 215 km (135 miles), far from the official 280 km.

My other concern is about the charging cable. On the documentation they speak about three charging modes :
@ home without wall box
@ home with wall box
Fast charge on the go.

The car comes only with a cable for regular wall plugs. That means 10 to 12 hours reloading time. No other cable seems to be included.

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Is that cable not included? That is normally the case for electric cars. Better try to get it for free.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Should be included. I just picked up mine today and there are two cables included. One for a normal household plug and the other for the wallbox. Think the dealer maybe forgot to put it back in the car when he charged it?

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
In my case I was also promised to get both cables for free, so still more examples to use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great news, hearing you got it for free. I'll go back to my Hyundai dealer and try to negotiate it. I'll keep you posted. It might take a week or two, as he told me he would be on christmas leave starting last friday evening.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bienvenue JurgenKurz.

Nous sommes deux avec une IONIQ EV en finition Créative !
Bonne route et si tu as des questions n'hésite pas à demander....

Voici mes photos :

Welcome JurgenKurz.

We are two with an IONIQ EV in creative finishing!
Good road and if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask ....

Here are my pictures :

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bonjour,
Oui, une question rapide. Quand je clique sur EV, rechercher des bornes de chargement j'ai systématiquement 0 bornes trouvées. Il faut ajouter/paramétrer quelque chose ?

In english : Yes, just a quick first question : when I click on EV / find available reload poi's, I have systematically 0 poi found. Is there a setting I have missed ?

Jürgen

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have you connected the sat nav to a wifi hotspot to download the data? As they don't come with 3G connections (except in the US), they need to be able to connect to download the data

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bonjour,
Oui, une question rapide. Quand je clique sur EV, rechercher des bornes de chargement j'ai systématiquement 0 bornes trouvées. Il faut ajouter/paramétrer quelque chose ?

In english : Yes, just a quick first question : when I click on EV / find available reload poi's, I have systematically 0 poi found. Is there a setting I have missed ?

Jürgen
En France et en Europe, nous n'avons pas la fonction BleuLink qui permet de communiquer à distance avec la voiture et elle n'est donc pas équipée d'une SIM 3G ou 4G.
C'est à toi de partager ta connexion Wifi du téléphone ou d'utiliser Apple Car play / Android Auto.
;)

In France and Europe, we do not have the function BleuLink which allows to communicate remotely with the car and it is therefore not equipped with a SIM 3G or 4G.
It is up to you to share your Wifi connection of the phone or to use Apple Car play / Android Auto.
;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, for the station POI's I have found my mistake : I had to go to the navigation settings and activate the different plug forms I wanted to see listed.
Now it's OK, the loading stations are correctly listed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
They probably still have your cable in the dealership. When I picked up my car they had used my cable to charge the car and then put it back in the car. Maybe your dealer forgot to put it back in your car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Bob,
maybe you've found it by yourself in the meanwhile. Anyway here is the deal:
- Settings (the settings button on the extreme right under the screen)
- navigation (upper left setting button on the screen)
- stations (last choice).

Hope it helps.

Jürgen

·
Registered
359 Posts
Too bad Hyundai doesn't do the sort of owner guide videos that other car makers do. We'll just have to stick to the grueling task of going through the owners manual :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts