Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello world from Northamptonshire!

I was looking for car some time. Being addicted to PSA cars, I was looking for 308 Pug, but have seen Ioniq ad in cinema an it's clicked in!

Decided to take PCH. Had a test drive with local dealer. Unfortunately there were not so interested to give it via PCH way, so found a deal over Internet.

I've got leased white Ioniq in Premuim trim in mid February with half a tank of fuel. It seems that delivery driver underestimated car efficiency. Since then had a run to Oxford and back using a mix of different roads and got 60 mpg on dashboard. Love that high tech toys too!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome vadim to the forums!

Great to read you are getting good MPG immediately :)

What car were you driving previously, and what in the Ioniq ad made you want to have a look at one?

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome Vadim

yep, once driven the Ioniqs do all the work for the salesman, the hardest bit they have is to get you in to test drive it

if you fill right up each time you fuel the car, register on fuelly or a similar site and it will keep track of you true mpg, you will find the dashboard trip computer is surprisingly accurate

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome to the forum, vadim! Congrats on your new Ioniq.

I'll just throw this out there for sharing, but I recently bought 4 new tires for my Prius c. I did the math on the cost of buying 4 new low-rolling resistance tires vs. regular all-weather tires. The all-weather tires were ridiculously cheaper and would last longer and were rated for more miles, had better grip, etc.. But, I was concerned that I would lose a lot of mpg. I read up on a few websites and some sites said the difference vs. low rolling resistance tires is negligible on mpg, other sites said the difference was pretty significant. So, when I ran my own numbers, I went somewhere in between and dropped my mpg by a few percent and calculated whether the low rolling resistance tires were worth it.

The conclusion I came up with was that it should definitely be worth it as long as my mpg didn't drop too much. So, I bought the tires and off I went. I immediately got on the freeway and on the way home I was seeing numbers like 27-30 mpg! I was like oh **** I made a big mistake. And it was like that for about a tank, slowly getting better. By the middle of the 2nd tank my mpg was literally the same as before when I had the stock low rolling resistance tires. Huge relief.

To get to the point, I seemed to have learned that there is a short break-in period on new tires before you get the best mpg. This may be common knowledge, but I'm not a car guy or mechanic, just a computer nerd. I imagine breaking in the car over time, if that's still a thing, would increase your mileage as well. So for those that may be seeing low numbers at first, unlike our new friend vadim, maybe just give the car and tires some time as well as adjusting your driving style if you're coming from a non-hybrid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts