Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i had a chat/dm with the hyundai UK on twitter yesterday, asked them about update.hyundai.com, when the europe will open.

they said, that its not coming. Speaking for Hyundai UK at least.
i also told them that the russian region self updater works on euro / uk cars. what is their policy on that? can the uk users install it?

their reponse was, that in uk we update it through the dealership. So basically they didnt deny that self updating is prohibited ;)

here is a screenshot of our chat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is completely ridiculous. My Hyundai shop upgrade for free and they HATE it. At every service you have to specifically ask for an upgrade or they will skip it. It simply takes too much of their time. It’s very inconvenient to drive an EV car to the shop for service in the first place (Tesla have no service interval) but I also get to feel rude by "demanding" a software upgrade. There is no reason to let us upgrade ourselves. It would make everybody happy apparat from Hyundai HQ.

·
Registered
53 Posts
does anyone know anyone who work in the service department, maybe they could create you a copy on a USB drive for you

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is there any release schedule, or release notes with dates for official EUR firmware releases.
So we could check, when the official EUR release is out and visit a dealer for standard upgrades by them?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there any release schedule, or release notes with dates for official EUR firmware releases.
So we could check, when the official EUR release is out and visit a dealer for standard upgrades by them?
nope. actually last year, they attached rls notes to the dealers for whats changed. and rls dates notice is sent to the dealers only.

now, the dealers dont even get whats fixed in new versions, and updates are coming more often due to bugs and errors they have made in WIDE headunits.

so in conclusion, usually 2 big updates comes in a year. march/april and aug/sep. <- these months you can ask you dealer, hey have you got any updates.

alternativly you can also keep an eye on the russian region site.

when there is an update here, then usually the EURO dealers will get their update 2-4 weeks after the russian region update.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Guys, just got a confirmation from my local dealer in nordic country, that self update portal site is indeed coming for Europe later this year.
This was also confirmed from a Germany hyundai source aswelll few weeks ago.
My guess is soon we will see the autumn update, landing at our local dealer or self update russian region. Then sometime in December we will see the new self update for europe.

Forget what the ignorant hyundai UK Twitter or dealers are saying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys, just got a confirmation from my local dealer in nordic country, that self update is indeed coming for Europe later this year.
My guess is soon we will see the autumn update, landing at our local dealer or self update russian region. Then sometime in December we will see the new self update for europe.

Thats some great news.

·
Registered
Kia Niro Emotion Luxury Long Range
29 Posts
Guys, just got a confirmation from my local dealer in nordic country, that self update portal site is indeed coming for Europe later this year.

Do you know if this tool will also be for Kia?
IN Spain, the dealerships already have the 210817 since September 9, a curious thing is that the navigation app is more updated than the Russian version, I will try to get it these days, to see if it is true

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you know if this tool will also be for Kia?
IN Spain, the dealerships already have the 210817 since September 9, a curious thing is that the navigation app is more updated than the Russian version, I will try to get it these days, to see if it is true
Yes it will probably come for kia too. Interesting with the navigation update. Please let me know what the navigation version is called

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ (MY21 model)
23 Posts
Yes it will probably come for kia too. Interesting with the navigation update. Please let me know what the navigation version is called
I wonder does this mean that the much talked about OTA updates won't be rolled out for Kia and Hyundai cars. Maybe they will restrict OTA updates to specific higher end models such as the Kia EV 6 and the Ioniq 5?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder does this mean that the much talked about OTA updates won't be rolled out for Kia and Hyundai cars. Maybe they will restrict OTA updates to specific higher end models such as the Kia EV 6 and the Ioniq 5?
what i heard from hyundai mainland and local dealer is that ota will be enabled first on ioniq5/kia ev6. and shortly after / if not around the same time for the rest of the cars with bluelink and uvo too,
the self updater is targetted now for the cars without bluelink/uvo/OTA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts