Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all

Hello everyone. I ordered a few days ago my first EV. Its a Polar White Ioniq Executive. Delivery wil be in the end of July so its gone be a long 5 months.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
welcome Trikke

polar white :)

I see the executive model is the top of the range, looks the same as premium SE spec here in the UK

5 month wait :-O, we had heard wait times were increasing but not that much

what car you changing from?

did you consider other EV's like the new Prius?

what do you like most about the Ioniq?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on pulling the trigger. I'm also interested to know which vehicles you are coming from and what brought the change of mind to switch over

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, i am a fan of Bjorn Nyland, guess most of the people know who he is and its his testdrive that made me decide to buy the Ioniq. I did a testride a few weeks ago and since that day I could'nt sleep anymore ;)
The car I'm driving now is a VW Golf 1.2 tsi, bought him new 14 months ago and this one will go to my daughter.
I saw a lot of You Tube movies about the Nissan Leaf and Tesla model S, but the one I didn't like and for the other one my wallet isn't big enough ;)
What made me decide to buy an EV? Its already from the beginning that i am fascinated by EV's, dont know really why. The solar panels on my roof are part of my decision too. Plus last but not least, its a small thing that i can give back to mother earth.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Well, i am a fan of Bjorn Nyland, guess most of the people know who he is and its his testdrive that made me decide to buy the Ioniq
Ditto. Coming from a PHEV already, it was Bjorn's winter test of the Ioniq EV that helped me push the order button.

The one line in that video that made me chuckle was Bjorn stating: "consumption is ***** high... not the car, but washer fluid!"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ditto. Coming from a PHEV already, it was Bjorn's winter test of the Ioniq EV that helped me push the order button.

The one line in that video that made me chuckle was Bjorn stating: "consumption is ***** high... not the car, but washer fluid!"
Hahaha, same for me, stil watching it over and over again :D.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Me too :D

His winter video got me very interested (particularly the very impressive range in dire circumstances), took a 24h test drive and bought the car the next day.

I guess Hyundai owe Bjørn Nyland some commission here!

Delivery of mine is delayed from February 23rd until April 7th at this stage (ordered late January)

·
Registered
88 Posts

Yup, I was thinking about the Bolt, or maybe waiting for LEAF 2.0, but Bjorn's video has put the Ioniq EV to the top of my list. Hope they come to Canada soon. A friend called a local GM dealer about the Bolt, who said they were getting *1* for the whole year, and if my friend wanted it, they'd have to buy it sight unseen.

Hopefully Hyundai puts out more Ioniqs!

marcel

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome,
It was Bjorn's winter test of the Ioniq EV that helped me push the order button as well. I ordered mine in November 2916 and got it on the 28 Jan 2017. Glad I ordered mine last year, it seems like along wait for a car but hey you are going to enjoy when you get it.
I came from a 320 e90 BMW and I wont go back, love this one to much.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Glad I ordered mine last year, it seems like along wait for a car but hey you are going to enjoy when you get it.
I came from a 320 e90 BMW and I wont go back, love this one to much.
I went from an E-class diesel to my current car (Outlander PHEV) and was a little anxious prior to the transition, but have not regretted it one bit.

All the things I don’t love about the Outlander stem from the fossil side of things (for example the ICE screams like a banshee when demanding power on say, the hills of Wales…

Going full EV should banish all my distains that I have at present.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts