Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone know of a very lightweight Internet Radio player that can be installed?
Have tried a few "normal" but the unit is very under powered so i am searching for a app that
supports android 4.2 and uses very little resources but with worldwide radio stations available.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey guys,

just want to let you know, my 2 week old ioniq EV 2019's headunit got bricked..

so i entered the secret menu, installed apps etc was running fine for 2 weeks and then i decided to do a software update at the local hyundai dealer. aaand it went into boot loop.

no warranty as they found out that i have been installing apps on it..

i ordered a new headunit, expensive AF..

moral of the story is, dont do software update or do a factory reset. too bad i didnt see this forum earlier.

·
Registered
257 Posts
NewPipe updated:

NewPipeLegacy-v0.17.1.apk

Code:
New

Thai localization

Improved

Add start playing here action in long-press menus for playlists again #2518
    Add switch for SAF / legacy file picker #2521

Fixed

Fix disappearing buttons in downloads view when switching apps #2487
    Fix playback position is stored although watch history is disabled
    Fix reduced performance caused by playback position in list views #2517
    [Extractor] Fix ReCaptchaActivity #2527, TeamNewPipe/NewPipeExtractor#186
    [Extractor] [YouTube] Fix casual search error when playlists are in results TeamNewPipe/NewPipeExtractor#185

Changes from 0.17.0
New
Playback resume #2288

Resume streams where you stopped last time

Downloader Enhancements #2149, #2486

Use Storage Access Framework to store downloads on external SD-cards
    New mp4 muxer
    Optionally change the download directory before starting a download
    Respect metered networks

Improved

Removed gema strings #2295
    Handle (auto)rotation changes during activity lifecycle #2444
    Make long-press menus consistent #2368

Fixed

Fixed selected subtitle track name not being shown #2394
    Do not crash when check for app update fails (GitHub version) #2423
    Fixed downloads stuck at 99.9% #2440
    Update play queue metadata #2453
    [SoundCloud] Fixed crash when loading playlists TeamNewPipe/NewPipeExtractor#170
    [YouTube] Fixed duration can not be paresd TeamNewPipe/NewPipeExtractor#177
    [YouTube] Fixed crash on videos which are age restricted TeamNewPipe/NewPipeExtractor#177

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone tried to use that android system to send arbitrary commands to the can bus? For sure this infotainment has access to the can bus, so, could we leverage that access to create our own BlueLink?

Does anyone in the US wanna help? I would need the BlueLink app dumped (apk) to analyze it

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was totally stuck in this loop and could not get out. Then I plugged in a USB keyboard and repeatedly hit the E button whist holding alt print.. this eventually brought me to a screen where the UI was garbled and I could not read anything...I persisted with more of same and eventually came across a broken (replicated 4 times on 1 screen) screen which said "restart to complete processor" or something similar...did a few more restarts (CTL alt del) then a non fobared screen appeared saying the upgrade had failed, giving me option to revert, which I did. I then when to change my underpants

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was totally stuck in this loop and could not get out. Then I plugged in a USB keyboard and repeatedly hit the E button whist holding alt print.. this eventually brought me to a screen where the UI was garbled and I could not read anything...I persisted with more of same and eventually came across a broken (replicated 4 times on 1 screen) screen which said "restart to complete processor" or something similar...did a few more restarts (CTL alt del) then a non fobared screen appeared saying the upgrade had failed, giving me option to revert, which I did. I then when to change my underpants
Hhahahahaha the underpants hahahahaha lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can you install google play store on this and just download apps as you would on a phone or tablet?
well yes and no. the car has android 4.2.2 ( its very old ) so not all apps supports it. and also if apps requires google play services. so its not gonna work. there are like 10 apps you can make it work or something. internet radio app, menu navigation app, vlc player, iptv app, youtube, and some others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you extract the PURE EV greencar.apk share to me. Because i change the basic unit to 8inch hybrid unit with infinity sound. It missing the EV car greencar for pure EV to access battery info

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can you extract the PURE EV greencar.apk share to me. Because i change the basic unit to 8inch hybrid unit with infinity sound. It missing the EV car greencar for pure EV to access battery info
I have some pretty cool news for you. :)
The software on the 8 inch Ioniq headunit is the same, doesn't matter if its a hybrid or EV.
I managed to switch a HEV unit into an EV unit. I bricked my original HU and got an replacement from ebay from an HEV.
It took me several days to get eveything done but it's pretty easy (of course if you know how to ;))
Get the Hyundai_EU_All_Software_2019-1.2.rar torrent from here
Code:
xxxxx://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=22772&start=220#p926900
fix the url yourself, I can't post hyperlinks yet... :(
and download it with your favorite torrent client.
When done get an sd-card and format it (FAT32). After that copy the directory CAVNEU_H from the torrent and its content to the sd-card. All the other files are not needed because they belong to other head units.
Prepare your computer and get the Android SDK or just the minimum adb tool (xda-developers search for [TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot [2-9-18]).
In your Ioniq you have to enable ADB debugging, goto the hidden engineering menu and enable ADB over network.
Go to Android settings -> Wifi -> <YOUR SSID> to get the IP address of the Ioniq or check your wifi router.
Then make sure your computer and the Ioniq are on the same network.
Then open a terminal (cmd) on your computer and enter:
Code:
adb connect <IONIQ IP>:5555
eg. adb connect 192.168.1.1:5555
If everything worked out you should see:
Code:
Now enter:
Code:
/system/bin/micomd -c inject 8211 0a 03 00 20 14 00 00 00
/system/bin/micomd -c inject-outgoing 8211 0a 03 00 20 14 00 00 00
This will make you HU almost think its an EV one ;).
Next go to Android Settings -> Apps -> EV and kill it.
After that insert the sd-card, a popup should show up offering an AE_EV_EUR.SOP.00.006.5 update.
If it doesn't say AE_EV stop the process and report back here.
Push OK and let the HU do it's magic. It should be done after about 15 minutes, after that it reboots and is an EV HU.

I turned my HU from HEV.EUR.SOP.00.002.4 into AE_EV.EUR.SOP.006.5.181002.
Maybe you have to enable software downgrade in the engineering menu if your HU has already the same version or a newer one.

Right now I'm so happy it worked out for me... I spent €70,- for the HEV head unit instead of €899,- for a repair or €3060,- for a new HU...

BTW... @admin of IONIQFORUM... its pretty sad that I can't add all the hyperlinks I want because of beeing a newbie writing his first post. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have some pretty cool news for you. :)
The software on the 8 inch Ioniq headunit is the same, doesn't matter if its a hybrid or EV.
I managed to switch a HEV unit into an EV unit. I bricked my original HU and got an replacement from ebay from an HEV.
It took me several days to get eveything done but it's pretty easy (of course if you know how to ;))
Get the Hyundai_EU_All_Software_2019-1.2.rar torrent from here
Code:
xxxxx://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=22772&start=220#p926900
fix the url yourself, I can't post hyperlinks yet... :(
and download it with your favorite torrent client.
When done get an sd-card and format it (FAT32). After that copy the directory CAVNEU_H from the torrent and its content to the sd-card. All the other files are not needed because they belong to other head units.
Prepare your computer and get the Android SDK or just the minimum adb tool (xda-developers search for [TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot [2-9-18]).
In your Ioniq you have to enable ADB debugging, goto the hidden engineering menu and enable ADB over network.
Go to Android settings -> Wifi -> <YOUR SSID> to get the IP address of the Ioniq or check your wifi router.
Then make sure your computer and the Ioniq are on the same network.
Then open a terminal (cmd) on your computer and enter:
Code:
adb connect <IONIQ IP>:5555
eg. adb connect 192.168.1.1:5555
If everything worked out you should see:
Code:
Now enter:
Code:
/system/bin/micomd -c inject 8211 0a 03 00 20 14 00 00 00
/system/bin/micomd -c inject-outgoing 8211 0a 03 00 20 14 00 00 00
This will make you HU almost think its an EV one ;).
Next go to Android Settings -> Apps -> EV and kill it.
After that insert the sd-card, a popup should show up offering an AE_EV_EUR.SOP.00.006.5 update.
If it doesn't say AE_EV stop the process and report back here.
Push OK and let the HU do it's magic. It should be done after about 15 minutes, after that it reboots and is an EV HU.

I turned my HU from HEV.EUR.SOP.00.002.4 into AE_EV.EUR.SOP.006.5.181002.
Maybe you have to enable software downgrade in the engineering menu if your HU has already the same version or a newer one.

Right now I'm so happy it worked out for me... I spent €70,- for the HEV head unit instead of €899,- for a repair or €3060,- for a new HU...

BTW... @admin of IONIQFORUM... its pretty sad that I can't add all the hyperlinks I want because of beeing a newbie writing his first post. :(
Hey man can you please explain what does the inject means?

What is the 8211 ID and what does the payload mean exactly? How did you get those values? Thanks!!!!

Wowowo hold on a second, are you this guy? https://github.com/g4rb4g3/ABRPTransmitter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey man can you please explain what does the inject means?

What is the 8211 ID and what does the payload mean exactly? How did you get those values? Thanks!!!!

Wowowo hold on a second, are you this guy? https://github.com/g4rb4g3/ABRPTransmitter
Yeah thats me :)

I studied almost the whole Android to find out how the HU knows which car it belongs to.
Its pretty easy, there is an AskBootCompleted (or so, im writing this on my Phone) message that contains the car type. It has the ID 8211, with micomd inject its possible to send this message again and override the currently set car type.
When you start an update afterwards it just looks on this cartype an reflashes the micom controller with the choosen one.
After that the initial message will send the car type which was set before starting the update.
The payload just holds cartype, caroption, some kind of reason for the boot and so on.
I had some log files of my bricked unit containing all necessary information.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah thats me :)

I studied almost the whole Android to find out how the HU knows which car it belongs to.
Its pretty easy, there is an AskBootCompleted (or so, im writing this on my Phone) message that contains the car type. It has the ID 8211, with micomd inject its possible to send this message again and override the currently set car type.
When you start an update afterwards it just looks on this cartype an reflashes the micom controller with the choosen one.
After that the initial message will send the car type which was set before starting the update.
The payload just holds cartype, caroption, some kind of reason for the boot and so on.
I had some log files of my bricked unit containing all necessary information.
Fascinating, I know you were checking to access the Can Bus from within the head unit, were you able to achieve that? Also, did you see that there's a method to recover a bricked unit without soldering or disassembling?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think it would be useful to share, if you have the info, what is the ID of HEV and PHEV, so that those systems could be transformed into each other too. For example you could have a PHEV and find a EV headunit, and it will be great if you could switch it to PHEV one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fascinating, I know you were checking to access the Can Bus from within the head unit, were you able to achieve that? Also, did you see that there's a method to recover a bricked unit without soldering or disassembling?
Somehow it should be possible to communicate with the multimedia can. But I don't know if there is anything interesting on it.... From the US Ioniq I know it has an extra connector with another CAN interface on it. But the ones sold here don't have this one :(. I guess the MM CAN is pretty limited and can't be compared to the OBD CAN bus.
I guess recovering a totaly broken unit like mine (hanging in a bootloop, starting the recovery image) without soldering is inpossible.

81 - 100 of 109 Posts