Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from engineering mode, today appeared a new hidden menu in the Infotainment system, you can see how it works in this video:

If you can't see the video, go to settings, screensaver, under the three options (Digital, analogic, no one) touch one time in each one until a PIN code appears, put the PIN that correspond with the ACTUAL time when you did and voilá! you can access to the complete Android system to check versions, ADB connect, all apps and so on!!!

Seems the Android version is 4.3 and there're 1.38GB space free in the system to install new apps and some other things >:)

Let's rolll!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
question is, when you have a map update at the dealer do you lose any added apps?
The new map will come in the SD so they don't touch the radio system except if they do a factory reset, only updating the firmware could cause that in my opinion

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YouTube and Spotify tested and working perfectly... The second video is very clear and everything works as expected

My android version is 4.2.2 BTW

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi. Did you download all the files from the link in the second video’s description? Put those files in the root directory of a USB and that is it? Thanx..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi. Did you download all the files from the link in the second video’s description? Put those files in the root directory of a USB and that is it? Thanx..
You can put all of them in root directory, but I put the file.apk in root, the others inside a folder, but works the same ;)

I want to try some other Youtube apps like NewPipe (but I think needs Android 4.4+)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Confirming all working fine on EV, firmware version EU 170920. Sometimes takes a while to get into the hidden menu, just keep trying by going into screensaver menu and back. Then just follow the second video from Pavel (russian guy from moscow) as it all goes flawlessly. You pretty much get an android tablet where you can install anything. Now for those used to ios products like myself, prepare for the tablet speed being slooooooow 😬

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi alex
I believe waze or any other app (native for android with .apk extension) will install and run smoothly, just like the ones i managed to install today. Just follow the instruction from Pavel’s video and it will take you less than 30 minutes to get it all going. On top of those files that he has in his cloud - all installation files plus a few aps (link to his cloud is in a description of his video), i managed to install couple more. Just as a trial i got a chess game and an app from my sat tv provider so i can now watch live tv channels that i have home on my tv..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi alex
I believe waze or any other app (native for android with .apk extension) will install and run smoothly, just like the ones i managed to install today. Just follow the instruction from Pavel’s video and it will take you less than 30 minutes to get it all going. On top of those files that he has in his cloud - all installation files plus a few aps (link to his cloud is in a description of his video), i managed to install couple more. Just as a trial i got a chess game and an app from my sat tv provider so i can now watch live tv channels that i have home on my tv..
I couldn't help but draw a mental connection between Pavel's obsession with watching videos on his sat nav and the plethora of horrific Russian dash cam clips one can find on YouTube. Perhaps if they watched the road more than their screens...

·
Registered
38 Posts
No luck for a US 2017 EV Ultimate... I wasn't able to access the "Engineering Mode" in a different thread. I suspect the US infotainment systems have this disabled for some reason.

·
Super Moderator
7,822 Posts
A nice way to open up your system to hackers. Good job! Does anyone can vouch for this “Pavel from Moscow” and his cloud content? Source code available?
does pavel provide the source code for the apps you need to install from his "cloud" ?

does he provide an explanation of what they are needed for (note I haven't watched the video)

how do we know they are safe and have no hidden trojans or back door in them?

remember that media unit is linked to the cars CANBUS and certainly has read access,

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A nice way to open up your system to hackers. Good job! Can anyone vouch for this “Pavel from Moscow” and his cloud content? Source code available?
You can get the apk files from other places, you don't need to access his cloud, there're hundred of places to look around, you can even obtain the apk files from your own phone

I recommend to look somewhere else because the apks provided are outdated, the new version of Easy Touch are much better and more intuitive to use in the car

I know from another user that Waze is working properly

1 - 20 of 109 Posts