Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After being a single car family for 6 years, and now with a 3 year old need a second car on the road.

Work are doing a salary sacrifice on eco friendly cars so I save some tax and NI on a fully maintained car.

Had a drive of the Hybrid Prem SE a couple of weeks ago and have to say I was thoroughly impressed so have ordered on in Iron Grey with 17" wheels.

Just got to wait the 12-14 weeks apparantly now..... :-(

See you about on the forums. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had to go through a load of paperwork being a salary sacrifice scheme, but official order placed yesterday. Initial lead time is 12-14 weeks so I have been told. Hope it is sooner as its going to change my life as its been and is a real struggle living out in the sticks with one car. My work/life balance is pants at the moment, as I have to do nursery run, then when home have to spend some time doing work. Hope it comes quicker and the initial timescale is being very generous.

·
Registered
34 Posts
New car

Hi well I wouldn't hold your breath. I ordered mine in October was told would be here Nov then told it would be Dec then 12th of Jan then yesterday got a call to say it would be 24 of Jan. I'm now thinking of going for the new i30

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Richie. To be right I ordered it in sept before the release but like I say it keeps going farther away. But I have a 65 reg i30 and now Like the look of the new one coming out. I drove the ionic and really liked it not had automatic before. I also ordered the iron grey premium se

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Alien I'm in uk the branch manger is on a meting on the 4th of Jan about the i30. It should be out early 2017 it looks a good car all the kit

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not holding my breath.

Placed the order with the leasing company last Tuesday, but they haven't even ordered it with their supplier yet. Useless. Apparently it takes them around a week to order a car. Sounds like BS to me.

·
Registered
359 Posts
even worse with the holidays here it will likely take them longer, typically I avoid dealing with ordering new vehicles around this time unless its on the lot, which in that case a lot of things work in your favor, good pricing being one of them.

Did they at least provide you an update by now?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thursday 22nd before Christmas it turns out they needed more information from my employer to set up the account but hadn't told anyone for over a week. We are changing from a LLP to LTD company and there was confusion on the filed accounts side of thing. Got all the paperwork they needed sent over on the 23rd. I wasn't expecting much over the break so made contact today. They have said I am looking at w/c 13/3 so thankfully not too far away, but they did say once the order enters the build process they can get a better idea of timescale and let me know next week. I have asked them to confirm that means the order is at least placed but haven't heard back tonight.

Having iron grey hybrid with 17" wheels in premium se (black interior) spec. Does 10 weeks sound about right for a factory build?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts