Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq Hybrid 2019
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, happy to participate in this forum.
My second Ioniq in a row.
Hybrid Techno 2019 Amazon grey.
Regards.

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
904 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Toledo, Ohio. I heard in the news that Spain had gotten a lot of snow recently. Enjoy your new car, drive safe.

·
Registered
Ioniq EV, basic trim
93 Posts
This amount of snowfall is very unusual for Spain. Well, except for the fact that more snow actually falls on Spain than England without doubt, because of the mountains. However, if we exclude the mountains and high altitude areas, where it snows every year and often quite deeply, it is quite rare to see this amount of snow in Madrid.

It actually snowed in February 2005 when I moved to live in Madrid and then I don´t think we saw snow again for the rest of 2005 and 2006. This snow fall looks to have been the biggest for some decades, will absolutely go down in history for Spaniards from the central area of the country....probably every time it snows for the next 50 years someone will be like "this is nothing compared to the great snowfall of 2021!".

Given climate change, it´s even possible that Madrid will never again see a snowfall of this size.

I actually had a lovely romantic day trip to Toledo when we lived in Madrid. Unsurprisingly, as it is one of the most obvious daytrips from Madrid. I went back there at least once more to show to my family, it is a lovely place to visit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts