Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Ioniq 5 Premium for three days. I absolutely love it.
For six years I've been driving a fairly well specced Landrover Freelander (leather seats etc).
I started watching Tesla Model Y reviews on Youtube, then graduated to Ionic 5 reviews. I really wanted to change cars before the end of the year and model Y isn't available in the UK yet. I really prefer the styling of the Ionic over the Tesla anyway.
I test drove a Premium Ionic for 20 minutes and they offered me an identical car in less than two weeks, so I bought it (Cyber Grey). I didn't really want AWD, or the extra cost of Ultimate.
Pretty much all the Youtube Ionic 5 reviews and tests are Ultimate or P45 cars. It's a bit of a bummer because there are quite a few things you don't get even in the one level down Premium car. No sliding centre console, no auto park, no blind spot cameras, no memory seats, no leather seats. Also, reviewers are giving out efficiency results on a thirstier car.
Do you think most people will buy a top spec Ionic 5? I would presume people will go mid-level spec.
Anyway, it is comfortable, it is fairly nimble even in 'normal' drive mode. It is quiet. And no rattles or squeaks.
I've never had an EV before so I took it to a local 50kw charger to practice and it charged from 59% to 90% in 20 minutes, charging at 48kwh until it hit 88%, then 24kwh.
The only thing I would like is the Tesla style navigation/route planner with charging stops built in. And the blind spot cameras would have been nice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Premium 73kw battery car.
I started the charge with my battery more than half full (59%) and set it to charge to 90%. The car told me it would take 20 minutes. I didn't check it that carefully or set my stop watch or anything. I went into the store and bought a few things. I wasn't gone long. When I got back to the car it had reached 86% full. It was still charging at 48khw speed. When it hit 88% full the car said it would take two minutes to reach 90%, then the charging rate dropped from 48 to 24kwh.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice - I've got the same model on pre-order so this sounds promising (I'm also near the Cobham 'super charger' which will be handy for the fast charge)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah. Everytime I turn on the car I get the screen message not to drive while looking at the screen. It asks me to ‘confirm’. Does that have to come on everytime, or can I stop it appearing ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts