Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88kW Electric Premium SE 28 kWh, UK
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Firstly, thanks to all of you. I have been reading this forum here for a while now and thanks to this I felt confident enough to get a one year old EV (Premium SE, 28kWh) from the local dealership (test driving was not possible due to Corona but the deal was just too good).

I love the car so far and hope that this won't change anytime soon ;-)
The only thing that bugs me at the moment is that it didn't come with the Type 2 charging cable which I believe the UK cars should come with. So I'm currently trying to sort this out with the dealer...

Oh, I'm living in Leicestershire, UK

·
Super Moderator
8,102 Posts
welcome to the forum @Fusionwedge

yes the EV and plugin should both come with a granny / emergency 13a charger and a type 2 cable as they were sold with them

if the dealer didn't get one with the car, a bit of haggling may well get you it free (unless you took all their margin with mats, part ex on your old car etc) or one at cost price to them as a good will gesture as they are over £150 retail i think for a genuine hyundai cable

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and fingers crossed!
Btw, this is the first car I have ever owned so no part exchange.

I did get the granny cable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dealer (Sturgess Leicester) has been able to source a new and original Type 2 charging cable from Hyundai and I just picked it up free of charge :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts