Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited Digital Teal Green
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have completed the 3-D files for 3 emblems that you can 3-D print for the Ioniq 5. There are front and rear badges in two 3D formats to choose from. Note the sizes are in millimeters. Most 3D services will ask when you upload the file. I also have a .usdz file that you can preview on your Mac, iPad, or iPhone in full 3D.

The files are located here and are compressed into a ZIP file. Windows, Mac, and iOS can decompress these files.

If you order a 3-D print, I recommend you get a low quality Nylon 12 version made to ensure it works with your car. Each logo will be about $40 in low quality.

I will have the Nu-H file printed out for my car within the month. I’ll share updates as I go thought the process if you are interested in following along. If you do you own, please do share here.

Note the two Morse designs have holes for the morse code “h” that will show the color of your car though the holes.
Automotive tire Tire Font Automotive wheel system Automotive lighting

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for sharing - can you clarify the purpose of these ?
To replace the exiting badge on the hood and the rear hatch. The Nu style file is using the 45 concept Hyundai logo. The others replicate the morse code H on the steering wheel. You can 3D print them yourself or send them off to a service for printing. Mine will arrive August 10th.

·
Registered
49 Posts
@CharleyPick Any chance you have the morse code pips in silver similar to the badge border? I'd love to have a silver border/pips and painted inside to match car color. The black looks great, but I don't have much other black on my my digital teal limited, Im worries it would be too much contrast.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@CharleyPick Any chance you have the morse code pips in silver similar to the badge border? I'd love to have a silver border/pips and painted inside to match car color. The black looks great, but I don't have much other black on my my digital teal limited, Im worries it would be too much contrast.
@Mort is developing a version with raised pips, just like what you are wanting. Send him a message.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey all I have finally got the process for the rear only in Black and silver at the moment I am working on getting other colors but to get it exact is not really possible unless you paint them. I can make them in white then you can use auto paint to make it the color you want. I am charging for high res print of the rear logo for now will be 25$ plus shipping, I am in Canada. Working on scaling the front logo this week. ALL White logo if you need will be 20$. It takes about 4 hours for High res just so you know. It will not have the pins as you don't really need them to place the logo in the middle. Any one interested please let me know. PM me

·
Registered
87 Posts
IF you want the emblem SEALED with spray from the elements and with 3M tape on the back it will be 35$ for all that for the HIGH RES in BLACK/Silver. I can also do white background with silver surround then you can get paint from the dealer and paint it. But you will have to seal it and get 3M tape to mount. I can send tape for 5$ in the mail if you need.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also picked up a smoothing and hardening finish to help smooth out any 3D print lines from my part. I’m going to lightly sand it, clean it, apply this coating in a very thin layer, sand it again and if needed add a second coat. This should give the badge a very smooth finish. It does accept acrylic enamel paints.

·
Registered
87 Posts
yes I agree on the sanding and finishing it for sure needs it. I have done the same on mine the hobby store was the best place to get small sand paper and finishing items. IT really enhances the look after it is sealed and finished.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm going to resin print a set of these myself.
Are there any videos on how to remove the existing badges?
Not yet, but I’ll probably document mine when I have it all done.
Most folks use dental floss to separate the adhesive tape from the logo, however the alignment pins make that not possible. So using a plastic tool to lift (and unfortunately damage) the old logo will be necessary. You will need to use care to not scuff or scratch the paint.

UPDATE:This is pretty close to the process:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A very nice gentleman on the Ioniq 5 Facebook group was already able to print out his badge. You can find it here (may require joining the group).

Mine is still on track for April 11th. I’ll post photos and details when they arrive.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts