Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi bluecar I ordered it in sept then the dealer re ordered it in October. I'm getting the premium se in iron grey. It's been put back four times. I was going to cancel and go for the new i30 but told Thursday it will be here on the 28th and its having the body treatment

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats Steve - welcome to the forums, and I am sure it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
7 Posts
can you upload some images of your car please chap?
Ive not seen any ioniqs in that colour and i'd be drawn to it more than the white or blue exterior.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Steve, it's a good choice. Iron grey is just lovely.

Your experience is very similar to mine in that I had two promised delivery dates slip and said I'd cancel if it slipped a third time. Lo and behold it showed up! And I'm so glad it did. I do wonder whether the stock is not really on a order-by-order basis but rather which dealership shouts loudest!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all just got it today it's a great looking car the colour is fantastic in real life had the body treatment done. A guy came up to me in the show asking about it cause there was a silver one the basic model in and he thought mine was a different car. Think he's going for one in grey Steve ionic a really great choice Steve looks stunning

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome @Steve and congratulations! Wow, I'm seeing a LOT of folks saying that their order gets cancelled/delayed multiple times. What's going on with that? Are dealerships really that clueless or are they just trying to make promises they can't keep to keep you on the hook as long as possible to make a sale? Or is Hyundai just having supply issues that bad?

I'm curious, when you guys are putting in your orders, are you having to put money down on the vehicle to reserve it/order it? Or do they order it then call you once it comes in and THEN money trades hands? How do you work out a deal in advance that says you're going to buy it (to the dealer so they don't waste their time) and they promise to deliver (to you so they don't waste your time)? I've only bought cars off of what is available at the lot (but I find them online first and go to that dealership). I'd be super mad if I gave the dealer an interest free loan and they couldn't deliver my car when they said they would!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Dave I have had six of this dealership in the last five years. I didn't put any money down up fron just got a pre order form with all the figures down so new what it was costing after knocking them down then just waited till delivery

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi all just got it today it's a great looking car the colour is fantastic in real life had the body treatment done. A guy came up to me in the show asking about it cause there was a silver one the basic model in and he thought mine was a different car. Think he's going for one in grey Steve ionic a really great choice Steve looks stunning
Congrats Steve! You'll have to let us know your first impressions... but enjoy!

When I was waiting to pick up my car, I had a middle-aged couple turn up and walk around my car (which was parked by the showroom entrance for all to see) and they then tried to open the doors! They gave up after a while, but I would have talked to them if they persisted!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Whenever I buy a car from the dealer, I usually put down a deposit (£500 or so), and my old car is also included as part-exchange.

Also, it's good to try and haggle and see if you can get a discount, or some accessories thrown in for 'free'.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Asafa Same here it was inside the showroom waiting for us with a board with our names on it we had a look inside it then when I was sat with sales man this guy came up and opened the boot and was looking round it. But when we went to drive it out he stopped us to have a look and a chat. Also thanks for your reply will keep you updated

·
Registered
134 Posts
I only had to put down a £200 deposit to secure the car I ordered in November. A Marina Blue Premium SE hybrid. The dealer reserved one of the cars being delivered on the ship that was due to dock on 11th January. The dealer was already offering £2,064 discount and I later had this increased to over £3,232 under the Affinity discount scheme. They are also taking my car in part exchange as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Documentation?

Mine arrived today whilst I was at work. A few problems, all to do with the dealer I think. Biggest one so far is that the documentation bag is ripped open, not opened nicely, and there's no owner handbook in it. There should be one, right? Otherwise how can we know how to use all the gadgets?! I've got a massive media unit book and a service record. Anyone know what I'm missing? I haven't driven it yet, but it looks gorgeous in blue.

PS No mats in the car. I guess they aren't standard. Seems to be penny-pinching. If I was a dealer I would be including those with a complimentary note. Just saying, that would go a long way to warding off a stinky dealer review... it's not my local dealer so I'm loading both barrels. When your car arrives you should have a feeling of delight, right? I just expected better ... will see how they are at customer service tomorrow, but so far not too good (a story for another time).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes, definitely should be an owner's manual.

I also think that mats should be as standard. I mean, who would not want to have mats to protect the interior flooring?
I had to ask the dealer for the mats to be thrown in for free. They are only £60 and they are actually quite good and smart (I love the blue Ioniq lettering on them).

We've just ordered a Toyota Auris Hybrid (business model) for the wife, and even though it cost more than my Ioniq (yes, I can't believe it too), she did manage to get a lot of good things included/free, like the protective exterior paint and also interior protection. And the mats come as standard.

·
Registered
189 Posts
@Judge that sucks that your dealer experience was less than stellar. I always go with the mind that there's probably going to be some issues but as long as I let them know my dissatisfaction and they make it right, they're still good and even better than others in my book. It's how they take care of you in the end after issues arrive that really counts IMO. Let us know how it goes.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts