Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt EV
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching every European and Korean review video I can find and realizing that refreshing the US IONIQ 5 page every few hours wasn't going to give me any more info on US pricing, launch date, or reservations, I figured this might be the place to burn off that pre-release energy.

Based a little north of Boston, originally from the UK, and currently driving the humble yet rock solid Chevy Bolt EV. Looking for an upgrade on size, charge speed, and perhaps range, plus something with a little X factor, so the IONIQ 5 is high on our list to upgrade right now.

That's all, but if anyone has info on the US launch that my compulsive Googling and refreshing has failed to unearth, I'm all ears...!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I’m going to an event this weekend (New Zealand) and am looking forward to seeing a pre-production version. Fingers crossed that I can get to sit in it which is what I’m really wanting to do.🙏

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am also in the US and am anxiously consuming every bit of new information on the Ioniq 5. Based on the companie’s fall of 2021 arrival date mentioned on their website, I am looking forward to a model 45 being announced here in June or July (if we get a model 45). I don’t think I will be able to order a car with the colors and features I want until later, maybe Sept. or Oct. with a spring 2022 delivery. This is just conjecture. Maybe the limited first edition will suit my preferences. Maybe I will be lucky enough to make the early reservations list. Maybe, maybe…

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m going to an event this weekend (New Zealand) and am looking forward to seeing a pre-production version. Fingers crossed that I can get to sit in it which is what I’m really wanting to do.🙏
I'm going on Friday! I'll post pictures here. I hope I get to sit in the car also - I emailed the guy at Auckland Hyundai to see if pre-order folks that had paid a deposit would be invited to view the car separately, but no reply yet...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am also in the US and am anxiously consuming every bit of new information on the Ioniq 5. Based on the company's fall of 2021 arrival date mentioned on their website, I am looking forward to a model 45 being announced here in June or July (if we get a model 45). I don’t think I will be able to order a car with the colors and features I want until later, maybe Sept. or Oct. with a spring 2022 delivery. This is just conjecture. Maybe the limited first edition will suit my preferences. Maybe I will be lucky enough to make the early reservations list. Maybe, maybe…
I live in New York state with a deep interest in owning an EV. So far, I do like the fundamentals of the IONIQ 5 but not sure what other features the limited model 45 other than a solar roof. Hyundai did show a preview of this model with both the passenger seat sliding in concert with the center island, however, during test drive videos the island moved independently. I wonder if the 45 has that feature. The EV6 also looks interesting. Same too with the Nissan Aryia.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I live in New York state with a deep interest in owning an EV. So far, I do like the fundamentals of the IONIQ 5 but not sure what other features the limited model 45 other than a solar roof. Hyundai did show a preview of this model with both the passenger seat sliding in concert with the center island, however, during test drive videos the island moved independently. I wonder if the 45 has that feature. The EV6 also looks interesting. Same too with the Nissan Aryia.
The first edition 45 Ioniq 5’s Hyundai made available in Europe are not necessarily going to have the same colors and features when sold in the USA. It may not have the solar roof here. We won’t know for a while. The cars are often optioned for specific markets and I think the USA will be different from Europe. We already know that we will be getting a larger 77 kw battery.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm in CT, so not far from you folks. Interested in upgrading from my Mazda3 (of course, I'll have to find an apartment with a garage and suitable wiring :/). I'm just hoping for a reasonable price structure. (The fairly dull color selection is also a bummer). I think we can expect some pretty impressive range. I agree we're not likely to hear anything re US details until the summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts