Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new charging lead that came with car is like wrestling with a boa constrictor snake.The lead has straight connectors with PVC cable which sticks out 20 cm from car when charging. My old PHEV Ioniq had nice rubber lead.I have purchased lead from EV OneStop for £129. The new lead has shaped connectors with nice rubber lead which lays flat on car. Also rolls up to fit in little well on driver's side in boot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Do you mean L2 charger in the circular bag?
I also thought my you could use is as an extension lead to the granny charger, as they do actually "connect" together. However it doesn't appear to work so assume that isn't an intended use for it? Shame as it could be useful in an emergency

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have a look at Phoenix contact's web site, you might be able to get better plugs and them make a lead up yourself. There is wiring diagrams on the internet as well as you can just copy the wires of the one that EV OneStop sold you. Remember that the Ioniq is only uses 1 phase so the 2 other phase wires are not nessisarry when you get a new cable. You can buy cable with fine strands in the cupper wire that make it more flexable for a higher price. Just measure what thickness the copper is in the manufactures supplyed cable, and copy that when you buy your new cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts