Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgrade the navigation maps using the provided one in the following thread:
https://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/290-hyundai-ioniq-user-interface/24018-ioniq-updated-maps-2018-available-download.html

The issue is that navigation voice doesn't work, so it's inaudible.

All the remainder audio functions works perfectly (VESS, parking sensors, horn, radio, aux, blind spot warning, cross warning, pedal release, etc).

I tried to reset the infotainment system, however the navigation voice guide function still doesn't work.

I also tried to replace maps with the Kia iAVN, but I found that maps are identical (Both matches with MD5 sums).

Have somebody experience this issue? How can I resolve it?

I enclose the system information for my Ioniq PHEV.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the issue. It seems that when files are copied using Mac OS the filesystem is polluted with metadata (.DS_store) and preview files that are hidden. The GPS navigation software read those hidden in case of the TTS files (Text To Speech) and then found that are corrupt hereby the TTS files are not loaded.

The solution for me was just simple to remove all those hidden files. There is a tool for Mac Os that can do this job for free (CleanMyDrive2).

I also observed that many people has similar issues when copy files for SDCards. For example some mp3 players can read the "preview" .mp3 files generated for Mac Os so those user should skip twice the songs.

Now it seems that voice guidance works perfect for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
TheBroker
Hyundai IONIQ Forum
A community of Hyundai Ioniq enthusiasts discussing the electric acceleration & reliability of the Hyundai ioniq hybrid.
Full Forum Listing