Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, I updated my brand new Ioniq 5 with the most recent software update. I used the Navigation Updater software. Everything seemed to work correctly and I got a notification on the display indicating a successful update.

Unfortunately, everything involving maps no longer works. Maps do not display anywhere in the system and the navigation app does not start. When I look at the SW Info/Update screen, it shows a blank where the Navigation App Version and Map Version fields are supposed to be.

I have tried reinstalling the update with a fresh download. The car goes through the update process, but maps and navigation are still missing when everything comes back online. I tried doing a soft reset of the head unit using the recessed button.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any ideas? I'm in the US, if that matters.

Thanks!

Font Electric blue Rectangle Engineering Signage
Cloud Automotive lighting Sky Plant Audio equipment

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did you use a USB thumb drive, what size and formatting did you apply?

When using the Navigation Updater, are you using PC or Mac version?

When prompted for location to save the update, did you save local hard drive or to USB thumb drive?

There are a number of posts in this forum about similar experiences to yours. Some have reported some important files where missing in the usb thumb drive. Some attributed to not large enough usb td and or using a microsd card in a usb adapter.

You should try the Navigation Updater again with a different stick. After completion compare the contents of new to old one use. Previous post showed comparisons discovering missing files.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did you use a USB thumb drive, what size and formatting did you apply?

When using the Navigation Updater, are you using PC or Mac version?

When prompted for location to save the update, did you save local hard drive or to USB thumb drive?

There are a number of posts in this forum about similar experiences to yours. Some have reported some important files where missing in the usb thumb drive. Some attributed to not large enough usb td and or using a microsd card in a usb adapter.

You should try the Navigation Updater again with a different stick. After completion compare the contents of new to old one use. Previous post showed comparisons discovering missing files.
I have successfully used MicroSD card
Computer Laptop Input device Netbook Electronic instrument

in a USB adapter during 3 software updates.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred (mid trim) Long Range RWD, winter tires
297 Posts
Last week, I updated my brand new Ioniq 5 with the most recent software update. I used the Navigation Updater software. Everything seemed to work correctly and I got a notification on the display indicating a successful update.

Unfortunately, everything involving maps no longer works. Maps do not display anywhere in the system and the navigation app does not start. When I look at the SW Info/Update screen, it shows a blank where the Navigation App Version and Map Version fields are supposed to be.

I have tried reinstalling the update with a fresh download. The car goes through the update process, but maps and navigation are still missing when everything comes back online. I tried doing a soft reset of the head unit using the recessed button.

Thanks!

View attachment 43147 View attachment 43148
Try resetting the infotainment system by inserting a point into the dash reset hole spot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried with a new 64GB USB stick and it worked. Had been using a 128GB before. Everything else was the same.

I was using a Mac and saved to the local hard drive first. The file contents of the two thumb drives were exactly the same, but the second one worked while the first one did not. I started with each thumb drive formatted as FAT32, but the Navigation Updated reformatted them as ExFAT. In case it helps anyone, the one that worked was a Memorex 64GB USB 3.1 thumb drive that I got at Target.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same problem with all of my saved addresses gone. I use a USB2.0 128 gb with a PC. I assume the info reset didn't work. I hate to do it all over since I just did a reorder of all the XM stations. Do you know if that gets changed on the update?

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred (mid trim) Long Range RWD, winter tires
297 Posts
I have the same problem with all of my saved addresses gone. I use a USB2.0 128 gb with a PC. I assume the info reset didn't work. I hate to do it all over since I just did a reorder of all the XM stations. Do you know if that gets changed on the update?
I do not recall having to select and order presets after the update.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep - updated mine yesterday for a car delivered on the 18th that shipped with the Feb version. Update went fine, system rebooted, restored settings, and rebooted again... everything working. First drive using Nav happened about 2 hours later, 45 min drive. Nav worked until last 5 min, then as far as I can tell the map/nav subsystem crashed. I could play music, car play, everything but map/nav. Since I was basically at my destination, just ignored it. After 3ish hours got back in, started car & Nav/Map worked again - used for trip home, no issues. Will keep an eye on it for sure.

·
Registered
268 Posts
For anyone else finding this post. Exact same thing happened to me. Software updates but nav didn’t. Couldn’t access map. Redownloaded and didn’t work. Tried a different sd card and then it worked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have reproduced navigating somewhere that isn't actually on the map will cause the Nav system to crash. Im my case I have a destination that's a bit further down a street than their map shows (but google maps has had this address for > 4 years) - I'm going to move that destination to see if that avoids the crash :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Please review this link from Hyundai. It applies to our infotainment system usb conditions, recommendations and requirements. It includes specifications and USB media type list of brands and devices.

Thanks!

View attachment 43147 View attachment 43148

·
Registered
153 Posts
USB storage devices
Item

Specifications

Byte/Sector

64 KB or less

Format system

FAT16/32 (recommended), exFAT, NTFS

-With the USB storage devices that are not equipped with a plug-type connector (metal cover type), proper operation is not guaranteed.

-USB storage devices with a plastic plug may not be recognized.

-USB memory cards (e.g. CF cards, SD cards) may not be recognized.

-Problems that are caused by using USB storage devices (not specified in the following list), are not covered by the warranty.

Product name Manufacturer

XTICK LG
BMK BMK Technology
SKY-DRV Sky Digital
TRANSCEND JetFlash TranScend
Sandisk Cruzer SanDisk
Micro ZyRUS ZyRUS
NEXTIK DIGI Works

USB hard drives may not be recognized.

When using a USB mass storage device divided into logical drives, only the files saved in the first drive can be played.

When a USB storage device has some Apps, media files may not be played.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
655 Posts
I have reproduced navigating somewhere that isn't actually on the map will cause the Nav system to crash. Im my case I have a destination that's a bit further down a street than their map shows (but google maps has had this address for > 4 years) - I'm going to move that destination to see if that avoids the crash :D
Our cars use Here Maps it sucks. Go here and update that area and it'll one day be updated for our map: HERE Map Creator - 2020

1 - 14 of 14 Posts