Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while watching a trailer for the Ioniq I picked up a little tip about the NAV system map

I have been trying to work out how to scale the map to see more or less as when its on auto (default) you can't seem to alter it, touch the scale icon on the left of the screen again it stays at the scale and again you cant seem to alter it

until I saw the video yesterday

the right hand knob (next to the system button), if you turn it you zoom in or out depending on the direction you turn it

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also if you touch and hold for a second on the map you can then scroll around the map by touching near the edge of the scree the direction you want to scroll

so when zoomed in you can see the road / traffic ahead in more detail

·
Registered
114 Posts
while watching a trailer for the Ioniq I picked up a little tip about the NAV system map

I have been trying to work out how to scale the map to see more or less as when its on auto (default) you can't seem to alter it, touch the scale icon on the left of the screen again it stays at the scale and again you cant seem to alter it

the right hand knob (next to the system button), if you turn it you zoom in or out depending on the direction you turn it
Bluecar1, which knob is this - I'm not sure what the system button is? Sorry for being thick...

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
You can also see Bjorn Nyland use this during his Wintertest
and
of the Ioniq.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Bluecar1, ignore me. Found it... swear this didn't work yesterday when I first saw your post.

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
I know the situation. Such ghosts also disturb me sometimes...

·
Registered
88 Posts

Been doing my head in this, the Salesman showed me how to do it, but totally forgot how to :eek:

Cheers BC :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Turn the right dialknob of your mediacentre. RTFM

·
Registered
373 Posts
:confused: Uncalled response. The fact people need to ask is a testament to the fact the manual sucks. The manual is, as we all agreed on, not really the best. Plus its a car. Not a library. I don't feel like reading 1000+ pages in 4 different books to get to grips with a simple principle: right pedal makes me go faster, left (center) one makes me go slower. There are too many knobs, switches and hidden tricks to remember. I would rather have people ask, than people being turned away from from asking.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
:confused: Uncalled response. The fact people need to ask is a testament to the fact the manual sucks. The manual is, as we all agreed on, not really the best. Plus its a car. Not a library. I don't feel like reading 1000+ pages in 4 different books to get to grips with a simple principle: right pedal makes me go faster, left (center) one makes me go slower. There are too many knobs, switches and hidden tricks to remember. I would rather have people ask, than people being turned away from from asking.
Here Here

·
Registered
776 Posts
Sorry. I'm getting a little bored of the same questions over and over again.All answers are posted several times before. People dont read in the forum history.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry. I'm getting a little bored of the same questions over and over again.All answers are posted several times before. People dont read in the forum history.
Hi Rene
How do you say "grumpy Dutchman" in Dutch?;). (Although I can understand your point....)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Oude mopperpot.

I was pissed off . My internet provider left me 30 hours without TV, phone and internet by a stupid fault from one of their mechanics. He ripped my cable from the block distribution box and forgot to reconnect it. They call this pre-emptive maintenance to insure stability and continuity of their network. Its Ziggo; a bunch of amateuristic lunatics and ignorant moreons.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Like and thanks!
After owning the car for 9 months, I finally find this (ok, I haven't been 9 months continuously looking for this...).

And yes, I RTFM many times, even searched the PDF manual for Zoom (it appears that I don't have the nav manual on PDF, I presume it's a separate PDF).

·
Registered
21 Posts
The navigation system has a separate manual, but even after searching that I didn't find where to zoom. I found that very odd, since it's a key function. Turns out the pdf is broken and only some words can be searched. When I tried searching it just now for the exact words used it didn't find anything.

I've tested the navigation a couple of times: first time it worked fine, second time it couldn't find the main road in a major commercial district in Vantaa (that's nowhere near new). I've also noticed that the speed limits shown are usually correct, but sometimes it's way off, e.g. showing an uncommon 70 in a 50 zone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts