Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you go to the Hyundai US site and scroll down to the specs section, you'll be able to see what standard equipment each model comes with and what is an available feature.

I was hoping more safety features would come standard but at least we get the rearview camera for free. I'm hoping that most of the interior will come as a package to reduce costs once the order books are open. Those heated seats are a necessity to me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I really think as far as safety goes, they should be majority standard. Especially blind spot detection with rear cross-traffic alert. Those are crucial things that ultimately make a much safer vehicle for both driver, other drivers, and pedestrians

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'd think they come standard considering how the safety testing organizations are looking at things like that in the standard base model.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You definitely would. I find it sad to see when manufacturers release a car and charge you extra for safety features that should be standard in the first place.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Until the government makes those features a requirement in all vehicles, manufacturers won't stop charging for them. I'm hoping the options won't be too expensive because they do add up and there's a few things I really would like to have.

Here's what I want:
-8-inch touchscreen navigation system, not for the nav but for the larger screen.
-heated front seats
-power seat
-cruise control
-sunroof

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ionic - I know the thread is about standard and available features, but none of your wish list are safety related, and that is what you and Dart were discussing.

I'd agree with you on a larger screen, and cruise control. In addition, I'd like to see every car have the blind-spot warning in the side mirrors. My 2015 TAH has them, and I cannot live without them now. I'd also add the rear view to the larger screen even if you don't get navigation. I use that feature every time I put the TAH in reverse.

Heated seats, power seating and a sunroof are creature comforts, and I'm willing to pay extra for those as long as to get them you don't have to buy all manner of costly add-ons that I might not want. That is what Toyota is down with the new Prius.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Adding the rear-view to the larger screen is a great idea. A major key thing is seeing behind you as clearly as possible. I can see how those blind-spot warning side mirrors would become something that becomes crucial.

Once I can get every safety option possible, then my creature comfort options would step in.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The base model Ioniq is well equipped. As far as the advanced safety features being standard equipment; some people may not want lane keeping and automatic emergency braking tech in their cars. The former can be hacked with disastrous results and the latter can be spoofed easily. I think I would go for the loaded Ioniq, but they package it with the hated sunroof. How I wish that option would die!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for drifting off a bit. I don't really see the need for rear parking sensors when you have a rear view camera as standard. Would it not be better to rely on sight than just the car's beeping? The safety feature I would like to have would be the lane departure warning and blind spot detection. Those those two seem more useful to me than everything else.

I just hope Hyundai will let you choose each individual feature instead of forcing you to either get an expensive package or nothing at all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The base model Ioniq is well equipped. As far as the advanced safety features being standard equipment; some people may not want lane keeping and automatic emergency braking tech in their cars. The former can be hacked with disastrous results and the latter can be spoofed easily. I think I would go for the loaded Ioniq, but they package it with the hated sunroof. How I wish that option would die!
The lane keeping and emergency braking I would definitely leave off the table. I feel they take the control out of the driving experience, more so the emergency braking thing. But what's wrong with the sunroof ??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry for drifting off a bit. I don't really see the need for rear parking sensors when you have a rear view camera as standard. Would it not be better to rely on sight than just the car's beeping? The safety feature I would like to have would be the lane departure warning and blind spot detection. Those those two seem more useful to me than everything else.

I just hope Hyundai will let you choose each individual feature instead of forcing you to either get an expensive package or nothing at all.
Yea I agree the parking sensors are unnecessary with the camera, but its a nice added touch if its included together. But I think pricing would be completely different if they were to allow full-on bespoke option choosing rather than package A or B

·
Registered
260 Posts
...But what's wrong with the sunroof ??
A better question is: why would anybody pay extra for a big hole in their roof that weakens the chassis; adds weight, complication, and expense; markedly decreases headroom; and will eventually leak? On sunny days, it allows the sun to shine directly into your eyes so you can't see anything. It just makes driving more noisy and irritating. I've been forced to have that damned sunroof in my last 3 cars and I never, ever use them.
:mad:

·
Registered
55 Posts
A better question is: why would anybody pay extra for a big hole in their roof that weakens the chassis; adds weight, complication, and expense; markedly decreases headroom; and will eventually leak? On sunny days, it allows the sun to shine directly into your eyes so you can't see anything. It just makes driving more noisy and irritating. I've been forced to have that damned sunroof in my last 3 cars and I never, ever use them.
:mad:
I`ve only had a sunroof in one of my cars, and I`ve never thought of those things. But now that I`m reading you`re reasons, I totally see where you`re coming from. Forget the sunroof !

·
Registered
323 Posts
It is nice to have that extra air flow in the car that for the most part is calm, much unlike what happens when rolling your window down, plus it's one way to have a bit more of an 'open' feeling going on, compared to not having it or anything at all.

Plus the whole blinding thing is a non-issue. Sunroof's have a fabric cover you can open/close before even cracking open the glass. Then there's tint, if it doesn't come tinted from the factory, get some 35%, 30% or what ever level tint works for you.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My current vehicle has a sun roof. It's not a "must have" for me. I have never driven with it fully open, but I have tilted it so the back is open, then almost close the sun screen except for a slot to let the air flow up and out the rear of the sun roof.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I do see how a couple of the complaints are avoidable. But personally, the past couple vehicles I've been through didn't have one and I really don't miss it

·
Registered
323 Posts
It might be the reason why we're seeing panoramic roofs come out, might be the case people rather have the extra lighting than another opening.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Even Tesla knows this too, the model S has a windshield that's pulled back to the point it almost goes past the dash... as far back as the steering wheel I think. For some people it might even come close to their head.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thats pretty intense. Any interior shots of it just to make it easier to see lol, my visualization skills aren't really the greatest on Friday morning before the long weekend !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts