Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where did those details cone from? I'm about to place an order and the dealer yesterday mentioned that it was the tech pack features that were being affected.

He also said the cost was coming down.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don’t really understand how MY22.5 and MY23 can effectively do exist? Surely if new cars are MY22.5 then MY23 won’t be for another few months yet otherwise they would make all the changes as part of the same MY

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I don’t really understand how MY22.5 and MY23 can effectively do exist? Surely if new cars are MY22.5 then MY23 won’t be for another few months yet otherwise they would make all the changes as part of the same MY
MY changes usually happen once per year. E.g. VW ID refresh every July with some refreshes mid-way through, they did this so it was MY22.5 in November. Not sure if this is a new thing due to chip shortage or not.
It depends when Hyundai normally bring out MY changes? Was MY23 supposed to happen around this time?

·
Registered
101 Posts
This was my understanding too. I think it’s all speculation till Hyundai comes up with something official.
For me the the logical way to do it is wrap up both the downgrades and upgrades as part of MY23

·
Registered
12 Posts
I could be totally wrong but it's possible to do with current orders. The 22.5 chages are fairly minor (dare i say that?) but it sounds like the MY23 changes are quite big so they can probably get away with fulfilling current orders under 22.5 and also get them out quicker making room of a clean slate for MY23. Might be wrong though

·
Registered
6 Posts
No blind spot detection across the models? I figured every modern car came with blind spot detection these days? My kids are bad a looking over their shoulders, but I only want a base version. This could be a deal killer for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts

All car manufacturers like to use this trick to sell new cars. A bit like two numberplate changes per year these days.

The law is you cannot call it another MY Year before January 1st of the previous year.

So January 2022 cars can be called MY23 but December 2021 cars can only be referred to as MY22. One day can literally make a difference.

I'm not really sure of the point of this thread, it should all be in the MY23 thread and think it's confusing otherwise.

Not to mention Hyandai seemingly announcing pre battery heating but the OP here says no upgrades only a downgrade.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I came off the phone from my dealer today after chasing my delivery date.

I asked them about the MY22.5 and they confirmed that is is happening due to the shortages. Hyundai (and other car manufacturers) have had to make the decision to send cars out without certain options, or leave them sitting waiting, as they don’t have the chips.

The fleet dealer said Hyundai are doing minor option deletions, and confirmed the deletions from earlier in the post. She also said Hyundai are fairing better than other manufacturers - Peugeot are sending vehicles out with downgraded Nav systems and commercials vehicles with no systems at all - to be retrofitted at a latter date.

With regard to the MY23 (Rumoured bigger battery) she said the only detail she had was Hyundai had notified her of a future price increase, so anyone hoping for a bigger battery would be paying for it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'm not really sure of the point of this thread, it should all be in the MY23 thread and think it's confusing otherwise.

Not to mention Hyandai seemingly announcing pre battery heating but the OP here says no upgrades only a downgrade.
These are confirmed MY22.5 changes that are separate to the MY23 rumours. Why should they be in the same thread?

Also, where have Hyundai announced pre-battery heating coming to MY22.5s being produced right now? It's mentioned as 'to be implemented in the first half of 2022' and possibly being applied to previous cars. This could mean MY22.5, MY23, MY24 and MY 22 etc.

·
Registered
Preferred AWD L.Blue
177 Posts
Following is only my guessing...

The pre-battery heating is possibly a special case, since it MAY be a possible upgrade with software only, provided your model has the battery heating hardware, which is described as being separate from the heat pump.

All US AWD models are described in the brochure as having both the heat pump and the battery heater. Not available on any RWD.
In some countries, the brochure specifically shows the battery heater in all trims, but the heat pump (ECO option in UK?) only on upper trims.

Other functionality, like blind spot detection, may be (rumours) being dropped from some future builds specifically because of a chip shortage. See discussions on European conversations where HDA 2 is being downgraded to HDA 1 (or 1.5), also, I assume, due to a chip shortage.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well will wait to see what my dealer says, but part of me is glad I am leasing, but would expect if features are being removed after I have placed my order I would be expecting a reduction in what I am paying, due to me having my order in before this MY22.5 change

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well will wait to see what my dealer says, but part of me is glad I am leasing, but would expect if features are being removed after I have placed my order I would be expecting a reduction in what I am paying, due to me having my order in before this MY22.5 change
I know BMW for one have reduced the price of some cars due to no electronic lumbar support on passenger side. On the flip side, Tesla have also delivered cars sans that feature but have not reduced vehicle cost - they've even delivered some Model 3's recently that are missing usb ports, as in, just empty spaces where they should be.

I would hope Hyundai either honour the original spec or reduce the price accordingly.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts