Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Limited with Premium Package
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was driving a the menu on my steering wheel suddenly just stopped responding when I pushed it. I didn’t know if it was just a fuse or what and the Hyundai dealership was already closed so I didn’t know what to do cause I needed to be able to access the menus to track my mileage and stuff but it was locked on the navigation screen. I finally had the Intuition to pull the SD card out that stores the map data to see if that would atleast take it off the Navigation screen and when I put the SD card back inside the slot it reset the infotainment system and the button started working again. I don’t know if I still have a Hyundai tech look at it because it should still be under warranty. Anybody else had this problem before? All other buttons worked except that one which I consider the most important one.

·
Registered
Ioniq EV SE 2017 (UK spec)
945 Posts
Today I was driving a the menu on my steering wheel suddenly just stopped responding when I pushed it. I didn’t know if it was just a fuse or what and the Hyundai dealership was already closed so I didn’t know what to do cause I needed to be able to access the menus to track my mileage and stuff but it was locked on the navigation screen. I finally had the Intuition to pull the SD card out that stores the map data to see if that would atleast take it off the Navigation screen and when I put the SD card back inside the slot it reset the infotainment system and the button started working again. I don’t know if I still have a Hyundai tech look at it because it should still be under warranty. Anybody else had this problem before? All other buttons worked except that one which I consider the most important one. View attachment 34557
Probably just a computer glitch which is unlikely to repeat. You did the equivelant of control-alt-delete that you would use to fix a similar problem on a laptop or PC. There is no point in taking it to the dealer unless the fault is present as therre will be nothing for the tech to find. I am not aware of this specific issue having been reported on this forum before, but there have been occasional random "computer" glitches.

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
556 Posts
I agree with chui, as I have said before, these are not cars in the way those of us of a cerain age remember form our formative years; they are highly complex, fully integrated computer networks that just happen to be personal transport modules. :)

Reactions: KevinT and chui
1 - 3 of 3 Posts