Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
attached is my fuel spreadsheet (xlsx file in the attached zip file) for the first 10,000 miles

it shows not only my mpg, but also fuel brand, trip computer accuracy and actual to contact mileage ( very high last quarter but should be lower this quarter)

feel free to re-use it

some very interesting data in there for accuracy of trip computer, etc

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mr. Bleucar, I'm amazed by your mileage scores. My right foot is too heavy I think.
I see in your sheet, you are giving the volume in 'litres of fuel'. Why is that? I thought you British are using UK Gallons (4.5461 litres)? Do the fuel pumps in Britain show litres then? Strange...

·
Registered
843 Posts
I see in your sheet, you are giving the volume in 'litres of fuel'. Why is that? I thought you British are using UK Gallons (4.5461 litres)? Do the fuel pumps in Britain show litres then? Strange...
Yes, the pumps dispense in Litres - we measure distance and consumption in miles and gallons, but have to buy fuel priced in litres - something forced upon us by our European cousins.
Until Brexit has gone through (if it ever does...), we have to do what we're told!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes, the pumps dispense in Litres - we measure distance and consumption in miles and gallons, but have to buy fuel priced in litres - something forced upon us by our European cousins.
Until Brexit has gone through (if it ever does...), we have to do what we're told!
Oh dear. Politics in a forum. Forced is a strong word to use. We chose to adopt litres, we didn't adopt it for distance, which we should have if you want to look at requirements. We didn't choose to adopt it in pubs for pints.

Europe gets bad press. When it suits our government, they adopt it, when it doesn't they don't. E.g. Miles still, or the fact we are breaking Europe law every day with pollution levels.

It's our government that are to blame not Europe. Don't get me wrong. I am for Britain being its own master and even an independent Scotland. :D:

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Better keep Europe, who else can you blame for everything you don't like?

·
Registered
164 Posts
O.M.G. .... what did I do... back to on-topic please.
Praise Mr. B. for his mileage and good effort to present us with numbers and graphics.
mileage... how would you say that if Britain adopted kilometres... kilometreage ?

·
Registered
278 Posts
O.M.G. .... what did I do... back to on-topic please.
Praise Mr. B. for his mileage and good effort to present us with numbers and graphics.
mileage... how would you say that if Britain adopted kilometres... kilometreage ?
You didn't do anything and I love the idea of kilometreage.

Bluecar1 will save us all. Or at least his mpg will save the planet and some hoomans too. Unlike my current dirty diesel.

·
Registered
384 Posts
We chose to adopt litres, we didn't adopt it for distance, which we should have if you want to look at requirements. We didn't choose to adopt it in pubs for pints.
In the country where the kilometer was invented, if we may never ask for a half-litre of beer either. We say une pinte of beer, s'il vous plaît. Litres are for wine! And, yes, petrol.

May I humbly suggest kilometrage:
https://translate.google.fr/#auto/fr/mileage
:D

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
That's why I always get so drunk ...I always ask for a litre of cider :)
The fuel economy is interesting bluecar1 .At a quick glance it would seem that BP is best . Seeing as you've hit 10000 miles ,how are the tyres wearing ?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Was all the fuel standard and not ultimate or v power etc?

·
Registered
36 Posts
.....Until Brexit has gone through .....
The Russian Putin (put-it-in) hackers have been manipulating democracy & the many (for & against) opinions & increasing the rhetoric heat in many countries, pitting one group against another. Their object is to make economic unions, countries, states & cities weaker & even splitting apart, while Russia concentrates on getting bigger (taking over countries) & more unified under the iron fist of "put-it-in".
All the while, I thought radical neo-nazis, republican (re-pubic-lick-un), T-party & KKK groups were behind the increasingly ugly & racist political websites. Anyhow, now we know Putin is the push behind Don Trump (spelled correctly as "don'T rump").

·
Registered
36 Posts
....the one thing that I noticed was the accuracy of the trip computer, more accurate than others cars I have had
If you burn E0 (ethanol-free) gasoline, your trip computer generally is more accurate than when E10 (10% ethanol) is used (not burned efficiently).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts