Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Le Xeriff" as I call it, arrived in Lisbon in April 2019, having traveled from France, where I imported it from.

IMG-20190411-181724

It was delivered with just over 15,000kms in the odometer and almost 2 years old.

IMG-20190411-WA0000

IMG-20190411-182702

on the way home, on the first day my consumption was 10.6 kwh/100km

IMG-20190411-190656

here It is making it's first charging session in thw "Mobi.E" Portuguese network

IMG-20190411-WA0022

On the next day it started to do my daily travel to work and back
IMG-20190412-075446-01

·
Registered
372 Posts
Great looking car Pedro, can you explain why you call it "Le Xeriff" for me though por favor?
Enquiring minds want to know. ;)
"Le Xeriff" as I call it, arrived in Lisbon in April 2019, having traveled from France, where I imported it from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that's because I make part of a ecological mobility forum comunity in Portugal called Ecomove - Plataforma pela mobilidade sustentável, in that site we have the habit to have a nickname for the cars. Is My case, the licence plate has de letters "XF", since I imported it form France I Called It "Le" then "XeriFf" come form the license plate letters :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well, that's because I make part of a ecological mobility forum comunity in Portugal called Ecomove - Plataforma pela mobilidade sustentável, in that site we have the habit to have a nickname for the cars. Is My case, the licence plate has de letters "XF", since I imported it form France I Called It "Le" then "XeriFf" come form the license plate letters :)
Well of course, that makes perfect sense Pedro. :)
Somehow I was thinking Sheriff or Xerife in Portuguese and I had considered the combination with the French article "Le" as you have confirmed.
I enjoy words & communication and now thank you, I believe I have it sorted.
Good luck with Le Xeriff !!
PS I call my Ioniq Silver Streak, because it's silver and it's quicker than my other car. ;)

·
Registered
545 Posts
I like the nickname you gave your car. Mine's called Alex, short for Alexandra.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isn't the car available in portugal ? As a French guy myself i'm curious why you would import it from here.
Good question Growiel, I love Portugal, but when it come to taxes, particulary on cars, it's complicated...

When I bought the Ioniq, 1 year ago, its cost was around 39.000€ to 42.000€ new. I was trying to buy a service Ioniq to the hyundai stora, it was almost new, it was 1 year old, with a few hundred kms, but still its cost was around 33.000€.

When you buy a car in Portugal you have to pay "car tax" and "VAT", and that increases its cost a lot. But there's kind of a loop hole on this, If you import a car from the countries of the European union, if it is electric, and it's more than 6 years old or more than 6.000kms on the odometer, you no longer have to pay the "car tax".

So, I could bought the car from a french hyundai store, with 2 years and 15.000kms for around 26.000€ with all expenses (transport, legalization, etc)

One other thing why I bought a french one, was beacause there the car is sold with heat pump and front parking sensors, in Portugal we can't have that extras, for some reason...

I just went to the hyundai.pt and hyundai.fr to compare the price of the new Ioniq electric, in Portugal you can buy it from 39.975€, In France it starts on 30.400€ :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts